BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
poseidon66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Roswell, GA
Model: 8830
PIN: 32bf4a65
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 28
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Skipping Invalid Record

Please Login to Remove!

I have searched the forums and tried the solutions offered but to no avail. The fact is I cant figure out which record it could be. To further compound the problem, I sync between 2 different Laptops, one work and the other home. The work laptop is the one that gives me the error and the home does not. It happens when it attempts to sync the contacts and it hits a specific contact and wont go any further. I have the same amount of contacts in both laptops and I cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I came from a Windows based device and used their forums extensively so I recognize the importance of searching the threads.

Thanks

R
Offline  
Old 09-04-2007, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poseidon66 View Post
I have searched the forums and tried the solutions offered but to no avail. The fact is I cant figure out which record it could be. To further compound the problem, I sync between 2 different Laptops, one work and the other home. The work laptop is the one that gives me the error and the home does not. It happens when it attempts to sync the contacts and it hits a specific contact and wont go any further. I have the same amount of contacts in both laptops and I cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I came from a Windows based device and used their forums extensively so I recognize the importance of searching the threads.

Thanks

R
Which item is the synch failing on? Contacts or Calendar?
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 09-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Andi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.448
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 549
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Look for a contact with nothing in either the first, last or company name field - like just an email address saved with no other info in the Full Name fields in Outlook
Offline  
Old 09-04-2007, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
poseidon66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Roswell, GA
Model: 8830
PIN: 32bf4a65
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 28
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Which item is the synch failing on? Contacts or Calendar?
Its failing on the contact synch.
Offline  
Old 09-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

As Andi stated you are looking for a contact that has missing required information. Most likely now name at all. Delete it or assign it a "name" and your synch should complete.
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 09-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
poseidon66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Roswell, GA
Model: 8830
PIN: 32bf4a65
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 28
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
As Andi stated you are looking for a contact that has missing required information. Most likely now name at all. Delete it or assign it a "name" and your synch should complete.
Got it, thanks. Actually I just deleted my 8830 Address Book - re-sync-ed with both laptops and that did the trick.

Thanks for all your help.

R
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.