BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2007, 06:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northern NJ
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Holster Issues

Please Login to Remove!

I was really pleased to see that AT&T included a holster with the new 8820. However, everytime I put the device into the holster, it hits the trackball or some keys and puts me into whatever I was in last. Sometime it even locks the keypad. So when I pull the device out of the case, I have to back out of the last previous activity or unlock the device. I know it's not a huge deal, but it is annoying. Aside from getting a different case, is there any solution?
Offline  
Old 09-22-2007, 07:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdkappy View Post
I was really pleased to see that AT&T included a holster with the new 8820. However, everytime I put the device into the holster, it hits the trackball or some keys and puts me into whatever I was in last. Sometime it even locks the keypad. So when I pull the device out of the case, I have to back out of the last previous activity or unlock the device. I know it's not a huge deal, but it is annoying. Aside from getting a different case, is there any solution?
I am not havimng that issue. How are you putting it in the holster? I insert my botton first with keyboard/screen facing in. I do not use any keyboard lock funtions what so ever.
Offline  
Old 09-22-2007, 08:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,667
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 84 Times in 65 Posts
Default

I agree with Greg....make sure you are putting it in the holster facing in.
Offline  
Old 09-22-2007, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northern NJ
Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Great. I'll try that. I'd always put my 7130c facing out so I could see the flashing light indicator. Thanks.
Offline  
Old 09-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It should work much better. I, sometimes hear a beep from a button being pushed when I place my device in the holster but it goes to sleep via the magnet when it hits the bottom of the holster. When I pull it out it is ready to go at the home screen unless I just got an email.

Enjoy!
Offline  
Old 09-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Blooded
 
jsntrenkler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tucson Arizona
Model: 9630
OS: 4.7.1.40
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 1,271
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The case designs for the Blackberry are genius. The whole magnet thing is fantastic, I wish other manufactures would license this idea from RIM ...
Offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
mavsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 144
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i had a 7290 for the longest time. When i got the 8800, i hated the case at first. After having the 8800 for about 4-5 months, i love the case. The case protects the handheld, my 8800 is practically brand new, it never falls out of the case like my 7290, and the back isn't all scratched up from walls and floors.

The case is great, and yeah put the screen facing in. lol
Offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 09:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
iPhone Mod!
 
zerog46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a House
Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold
Posts: 6,738
Post Thanks: 7
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

You can also try holding down the mute buttom to go into standby and when you remove it from the case it's reay to go.
__________________
Life is not holding a good hand. Life is playing a poor hand well.
Offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Holster Troubles

I just got a Blackberry 8703e and I find the holster EXTREMELY annoying! Sure the phone goes in real nice ( and yes i face the screen towards me) but when it rings and I go to take it out it almost always gets stuck. So I pull a little harder and the holster either comes right off my belt with the phone still in it (and I look like a total idiot)... or I do get the phone out but then I have either accidentally hit the end button to send the call to voicemail, or have answered the call already by accident (and then I still look like a total idiot).

Is there any other after market holsters you might recommend? Maybe one that still has the magnet built in and one that you can get the phone out of a little easier
Offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 02:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: Droid
OS: Google!
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 1,555
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

i hit the convience key every time i put it in and out. (that so dont sound right) and in any way i insert it into the holdster, i finally got pissed at the "say a command" that it now starts my browser.
Offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
stevew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal
Model: Z10
OS: Latest...
Carrier: Koodo Mobile
Posts: 1,354
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 52 Times in 48 Posts
Default

If you look at the inside of the case, you'll see it has a long indent embedded into the back of the holster. It's designed to NOT interfere with the trackball on the way in. You have to put the BB in front facing your belt.
__________________
Steve (Besadmin)

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
I just got a Blackberry 8703e and I find the holster EXTREMELY annoying! Sure the phone goes in real nice ( and yes i face the screen towards me) but when it rings and I go to take it out it almost always gets stuck. So I pull a little harder and the holster either comes right off my belt with the phone still in it (and I look like a total idiot)... or I do get the phone out but then I have either accidentally hit the end button to send the call to voicemail, or have answered the call already by accident (and then I still look like a total idiot).

Is there any other after market holsters you might recommend? Maybe one that still has the magnet built in and one that you can get the phone out of a little easier
I do not see how th holster comes off your belt or how your device gets stuck in the holster. My belt clip locks around my belt and is sometimes hard for me to get off the belt. As far as it getting stuck in the holster . . .... well I can't say I have had that happen.

I have been doing Blackberry for a long time and been following these forums for years and the one thing I have learned is that the method you carry your device is a personal preference. For me the OEM leather holster with swivel belt clip is as good as it gets for me. I have to get to my phone likley 50-70 times a day and it works perfect for me.

The worst was the old plastic snap in holsters! Now they were a POS!
Offline  
Old 09-29-2007, 04:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Attila The Hun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CT, USA
Model: 9800
OS: win 7,mac
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T,Orang
Posts: 86
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If you look at the inside of the case, you'll see it has a long indent embedded into the back of the holster. It's designed to NOT interfere with the trackball on the way in. You have to put the BB in front facing your belt.
not exactly,pardon me
you have the indent in the front side of the case too,put your finger.
if you put the BB face to the belt you don't see the indicator light.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.