Originally Posted by AZsteelman
and why do you say that?
1. No choice cellular data, other than tethering to your BlackBerry device via Bluetooth. RIM should have just marketed this as "For BlackBerry Users Only".
2. No consistent application development platform. Adobe Air? Webworks?
3. The name is ridiculous. Playbook? Give me a break.
4. Every tablet maker is, and will be, playing catch-up against Apple's iPad.
5. RIM isn't even sure who they're marketing the device towards. Who is the real audience for this thing? Businesses or consumers?
RIM makes great products, no doubt... but they're still completely baffled when it comes down to marketing. There's no way they will be able to compete with Apple's iPad.
I've said from day 1 that the RIM tablet was a DUMB idea and waste of RIM's resources.