Well folks, I must say I'm a fan of the PlayBook but as some of you might know, I've had the worst luck with the damn thing.
A little summary of my unique issues. BTW I'm not eager to return it for replacement, but most likely will be forced to soon.
Initially I had a few weeks of operation with no issues at all.
Then all of a sudden I was having what seemed to be an issue with the battery. I'd have it all of a sudden drop from a charge to 0%.
At 0% the playbook would actually work for quite a while, and it was strange but not that bad.
A secondary issue came up which was my AppWorld login credentials couldn't be verified. Because the PlayBook (and I think this is a horrible fault) does not let you change your AppWorld information, I was forced to use the de-brick reinstallation of the OS.
When I did that, my battery issue seemed to go away and everything was fine.
Well, through all of the updates and everything I've now "de-bricked" my playbook something like 6 times.
Most recently I went from an 80% battery to "dead" and the PlayBook shut off. When I turned it back on, the battery still reported being dead but the AppWorld issue came back... another "de-brick" OS install.
This morning my battery was at about 13% so I turned the PB off and went to work. I turned it on this afternoon and the battery was dead.
I've had it plugged in the wall charger with wi-fi and bluetooth off for about 20 minutes and so far it says it's charging but I've yet to see it go past 0%
Whatever it is, this is a very intriguing and frustrating issue.
If I can't get it to display past 0% I'm going to send it in next week... UPDATE: It is now showing 16%, so the initial charge from "0%" took about 30 minutes to reach that.
I can't tell if I somehow caused this, or if I just so happened to get a faulty device (though another person at work got the same model as me, 1 digit off the S/N which I'd assume means it was built in the same batch and they've never had a single issue)
I still enjoy the PlayBook incredibly but I am pretty upset with these issues and seemingly no resolution other than sending it in and waiting for a new one.
Just thought I'd share