BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Model: q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default E-Mail To Myself ?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey Folks,

I've only had this Q10 for 48 + hours and so far so good. However, I noticed I can't send emails to myself. Ex: I took a picture and went to email this so I could print it when I got into the office, but this would not go through.

Called text support and explained I receive emails just can't send them to myself. She said it was a registration error and would get back to me... yeah ok, still no call back. So I went to the store to have my contacts from my bold moved over and that person called BB. They said a "patch" was coming for this soon..... I don't understand why I can send to others , just not myself....?

Any thoughts on this.

PS.I also noticed I have to assign the q10 to search for emails... Set this for 5 minutes as this in critical in my line of work. Are you guys okay with the timely notifications of emails? My Bold would have them 2 seconds after my inbox (Outlook) at work... Guess these emails don't go through the BB server anymore..?


Thanks!
Offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Model: q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: E-Mail To Myself ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TM View Post
Hey Folks,

I've only had this Q10 for 48 + hours and so far so good. However, I noticed I can't send emails to myself. Ex: I took a picture and went to email this so I could print it when I got into the office, but this would not go through.

Called text support and explained I receive emails just can't send them to myself. She said it was a registration error and would get back to me... yeah ok, still no call back. So I went to the store to have my contacts from my bold moved over and that person called BB. They said a "patch" was coming for this soon..... I don't understand why I can send to others , just not myself....?

Any thoughts on this.

PS.I also noticed I have to assign the q10 to search for emails... Set this for 5 minutes as this in critical in my line of work. Are you guys okay with the timely notifications of emails? My Bold would have them 2 seconds after my inbox (Outlook) at work... Guess these emails don't go through the BB server anymore..?


Thanks!

163 views and NO one has any info on this......
Offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: So. Calif
Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT 10.2.1.1259
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: E-Mail To Myself ?

I have had this issue. I've notice that it sends it to the wrong address. If I type the address in manually and DONT let it correct it, it works fine.
Yes email no longer goes thru BB unless you have your own server at work.
Some email servers can do mail push much like the old BB. Mine of course isn't one of them. (Go Daddy)
If you just got it you have some learning to do. I to came from a Bold and not 100% sure I'd do it again. I have a handful of phones and touch screen and my old fingers don't do well together so the Q10 and I might end up in the ground at the same time.
Good luck.
PS, I just loaded a beta 10.2 and that is a step in the right direction.
Offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Model: q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: E-Mail To Myself ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH01 View Post
I have had this issue. I've notice that it sends it to the wrong address. If I type the address in manually and DONT let it correct it, it works fine.
Yes email no longer goes thru BB unless you have your own server at work.
Some email servers can do mail push much like the old BB. Mine of course isn't one of them. (Go Daddy)
If you just got it you have some learning to do. I to came from a Bold and not 100% sure I'd do it again. I have a handful of phones and touch screen and my old fingers don't do well together so the Q10 and I might end up in the ground at the same time.
Good luck.
PS, I just loaded a beta 10.2 and that is a step in the right direction.
I tried to manually input my email and it automatically found my contact and I had no other choice but to highlight this...oh well.. I'll deal with it for now as it still will not go through. maybe I'll open up at Gmail or something.... frustrating!

I searched for latest software and it came up as 10.1.0.4211. How do I get the beta 10.2 ?

Thank you!
Offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Model: q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: E-Mail To Myself ?

UPDATE- BB was working on this issue the last couple of days. They found some codes with the Q10 software and AOL was creating the error (not allowing server to send out). They suggested I create a new contact using all CAPS and then input my email address....... Presto, I can now CC myself and send pics, etc. to myself with NO more issues.

Got to give BB support 2 up for not giving up and helping me with this issue!
Offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington DC
Model: 9900
OS: 7.X
PIN: ask Nicely.
Carrier: AT&T/tmobile
Posts: 666
Post Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: E-Mail To Myself ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TM View Post
UPDATE- BB was working on this issue the last couple of days. They found some codes with the Q10 software and AOL was creating the error (not allowing server to send out). They suggested I create a new contact using all CAPS and then input my email address....... Presto, I can now CC myself and send pics, etc. to myself with NO more issues.

Got to give BB support 2 up for not giving up and helping me with this issue!
Generally it will work but In my experience you send an email to yourself from your original address it won't show anywhere (gmail yes) ...other maybe not.

BTW it's not "search" it's activesynch check frequency way way different ( I too miss bis push).

The lower the sync more the bb manually runs synch check comparing it's db versus the servers (IE = $$$ in regards to battery power).

the only instance I haven't seen this is in outlook 365 which seems to work pretty darn good (new job day 3).

I would recommend(if you want a guaranteed solution) add a second email address to your bb and changing the from sender to that one and send it to your original, in my experience it's guranted to show up relatively soon regardless of provide....

Man do I miss gmail label support!! And a working ymail & gvoice apps
__________________
Q10! <- Love the 9000!! It's everything I wanted (minus enough ON BOARD memory)!!
<-9700 ---! more memory! small screen&keypad :( ->
Offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 56
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: E-Mail To Myself ?

Not sure of this question belongs here, but how do I set my Q10 to check for new messages every x minutes/seconds?

Tx
Offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
tsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Others run out when we run in
Model: Z10
OS: 10.010219
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 8,225
Post Thanks: 40
Thanked 570 Times in 565 Posts
Default Re: E-Mail To Myself ?

Your correct it does not belong here. you should ask a different question on your own thread.
Email checking is controlled by the carrier or your company. Generally if on a BES system it is very quick, seconds. If depending on RIM, it's checked every 15 minutes.
Corporate internal email is usually sent at the same time it is sent to the users Outlook server.

You might try searching Appworld and see if there is an App that can be set to control check time.

Dont forget , next time start your own thread!!!
__________________
If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button


9810 BES
Z10 on BES
9700 BIS
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: E-Mail To Myself ?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exchange My Mail Attains Gold Certified Partner Status in Microsoft Partner Program exchangemymail ExchangeMyMail 2 10-29-2008 11:59 PM
Upgraded firmware, no Internet Mail available Astaroth_PoD General Legacy Device Discussion 4 05-27-2008 03:15 AM
Mail Connector update issue jsbnlb General BlackBerry Discussion 17 11-26-2007 05:55 PM
Mail Rules Causing issues Domino 6.5.4 efector BES Admin Corner 1 12-09-2006 03:57 AM
Setting up a BB to read Yahoo mail yozzdi General BlackBerry Discussion 8 05-17-2005 05:38 PM





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.