BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #21 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Model: many
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Z10 no clock on charge?

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
Verdict - User Error
If your admin allows you full access to the system and you wipe it, would you still declare that as a user error?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
You have the original charger that came with the PlayBook ..snip
I got plenty of chargers, but not unlimited freedom where to cut sockets or dangle extensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
If the problem is only happening with one of your computers, would it not make sense that maybe your installation is faulty, or some of the BlackBerry services are not initializing? I can be 100% sure that something is off with that computer, as it would be happening with all your computers if the device was at fault.
Well, I am sure you can fit the perfectly working Blackberry Desktop Software somewhere in this scheme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
Windows? Ctrl+Alt+Del (Task Manager) Close all BlackBerry processes running. Make sure Link, B Device Manager and all other BlackBerry services do NOT start up on boot. Restart your computer and connect your device to it.
If you want I can give you a description how to deactivate USB ports on system level. But that means fiddeling with systems that migh not be yours or not be used exclusively by you. Instead on a device based decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
You asked if they were available. I believe I have shown that they are. Your thoughts on ergonomics and style and ease of use are consumer related questions.
Should mean customer not consumer? Where do you draw the line between consumer and business? And how would presentation and expectation of life of a device be a merely consumer based argument?

Last edited by bombinho : 06-01-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Model: many
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Z10 no clock on charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Burning love? What are you smoking?
I stopped using a BlackBerry exclusively when they stopped innovating. About two years ago. I keep hoping that they will come up with something I can use, but that doesn't seem to be in the card.

I went and found a device that works for me. You should pay attention to what people are saying rather than interpreting.
Well, me being a newbie in this Blackberryforum and you being a mod in this Blackberryforum did drive me to rather formulate that more carefully.
But thanks for putting that crisp clear.
Offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: iPh6
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,821
Post Thanks: 33
Thanked 442 Times in 382 Posts
Default Re: Z10 no clock on charge?

You are quite welcome. Don't assume.
Offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
ZombieBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Model: Z10
OS: 10.3.1.xx
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND
Posts: 2,346
Post Thanks: 30
Thanked 341 Times in 280 Posts
Default Re: Z10 no clock on charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombinho View Post
If your admin allows you full access to the system and you wipe it, would you still declare that as a user error?

Yes, cause you are the user.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bombinho View Post
Well, I am sure you can fit the perfectly working Blackberry Desktop Software somewhere in this scheme?
There is nothing wrong with my BDS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bombinho View Post
If you want I can give you a description how to deactivate USB ports on system level. But that means fiddeling with systems that migh not be yours or not be used exclusively by you. Instead on a device based decision.
Don't need a description, you can hit the registry to disable MS mode, or you can disable the port through the DM, or you can uninstall the MS drivers. You can also use a 3rd party application that blocks access to drives and usb ports.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bombinho View Post
Should mean customer not consumer? Where do you draw the line between consumer and business? And how would presentation and expectation of life of a device be a merely consumer based argument?
No, consumer is what I meant. You are not buying a service or product from me, and I am not interested in selling you anything.
__________________
fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt
Offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Model: many
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Z10 no clock on charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
Yes, cause you are the user.
Wow that is quite auf statement. This makes all the admins obsolete. All can be done by the users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
No, consumer is what I meant. You are not buying a service or product from me, and I am not interested in selling you anything.
No worries, I was not seeing me in business with you. But again, where do you see presentation and life expectancy as consumer but not business criteria?
Offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
ZombieBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Model: Z10
OS: 10.3.1.xx
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND
Posts: 2,346
Post Thanks: 30
Thanked 341 Times in 280 Posts
Default Re: Z10 no clock on charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombinho View Post
Wow that is quite auf statement. This makes all the admins obsolete. All can be done by the users.



No worries, I was not seeing me in business with you. But again, where do you see presentation and life expectancy as consumer but not business criteria?
I think you have wasted enough time on this topic. If an employee has the required permissions to 'wipe a system' and s/he does it, then s/he is at fault. It's that simple. Not sure why you want to beat this topic again. It's up to the company to decide if discipline or retraining needs to be taken with the employee or the IT staffer who gave the employee the access (in some cases, large disruptive events will result in an procedural change). Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should.

Again, it would be best if you actually started reading my replies, or try remembering what you wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombinho View Post
Are there cradles available from Blackberry as the asian ones I use at the moment are mechanically as logically very questionable. In specific the fact they require a driver (for an USB cable with LED?????) makes them suspicious. As well as the fact that there is no mechanical alignment which will lead to mechanical damage to the phone.
The answer was yes. Your response was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombinho View Post
Had seen them too but the reviews were not exciting neither was the design.
Once you have your issues figured out, I will be more than happy to discuss business vs consumer needs. I haven't mentioned presentation and life expectancy in this thread as it has nothing to do with your issues.
__________________
fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt

Last edited by ZombieBerry : 06-01-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Model: many
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Z10 no clock on charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
I think you have wasted enough time on this topic. If an employee has the required permissions to 'wipe a system' and s/he does it, then s/he is at fault. It's that simple. Not sure why you want to beat this topic again. It's up to the company to decide if discipline or retraining needs to be taken with the employee or the IT staffer who gave the employee the access (in some cases, large disruptive events will result in an procedural change). Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should.

Again, it would be best if you actually started reading my replies, or try remembering what you wrote.



The answer was yes. Your response was...



Once you have your issues figured out, I will be more than happy to discuss business vs consumer needs. I haven't mentioned presentation and life expectancy in this thread as it has nothing to do with your issues.
I leave that full quote, as you have stated correctly it should be up to the firm and not to someone external to decide what rights someone gets. So why would Blackberry remove the facility to decide which hardware gets access to the data on the phone? But I have understood that you and I do not know any solution just now.

As for the reading I kept it quiet til now but the question, as you correctly quoted was: "Are there cradles available _from_ _Blackberry_" and following your link the answer was no and not yes. The link you provided does not lead to a product from Blackberry and I had seen this product already including reviews. Maybe that helps you to follow now?
Offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Model: many
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Z10 no clock on charge?

By the way, just in case someone from Blackberry reads in those forums as well, I personaly would be happy to replace my docks with original Blackberry ones provided these do offer the bespoken functionallity.
(switching to the clock on plug in regardless of the power source)

Would not be the practice as I like it but not different to the currently market leading company.

But I could see it happening like on the PB that some app developers may make up a proper night stand clock. Just I could see them struggling to catch the "on charge event" globally but I have not looked into app programming on BB10.
Offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
ZombieBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Model: Z10
OS: 10.3.1.xx
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND
Posts: 2,346
Post Thanks: 30
Thanked 341 Times in 280 Posts
Default Re: Z10 no clock on charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombinho View Post
I leave that full quote, as you have stated correctly it should be up to the firm and not to someone external to decide what rights someone gets. So why would Blackberry remove the facility to decide which hardware gets access to the data on the phone? But I have understood that you and I do not know any solution just now.
I really don't know what the problem is. That's why there is no solution. For some strange reason, one computer in your home/office is working properly, but the other one is not. Like I said, user error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombinho View Post
As for the reading I kept it quiet til now but the question, as you correctly quoted was: "Are there cradles available _from_ _Blackberry_" and following your link the answer was no and not yes. The link you provided does not lead to a product from Blackberry and I had seen this product already including reviews. Maybe that helps you to follow now?
I have been patient with you bombinho. I have read your posts, and responded with answers that I thought were appropriate to the situation. Where no clear instruction could be found, I have attempted to offer workarounds, or instruction on steps you could take to try and lock down the reason you are having issues with one of your computers. I don't work for BlackBerry, and this site is not affiliated with them in any way. The link I sent you was for a third party cradle that was not Chinese and did not require a driver installation on your computer. The link also had information on BlackBerry OEM products like a cradle.

From the site

"...on eBay for a very low $9.99 and it has some interesting features. It looks relatively fugly compared to BlackBerrys own style desktop cradles but its not terrible. It also throws in an extra battery charger for another LS-1 in the back. Sadly it does not tunnel the MicroHDMI through the dock so it cannot be used for media."

If you had already seen the article and read it, then you would know there are a few options for BlackBerry made accessories. I don't know where you live, so any link to my country's BlackBerry page wouldn't show up for you.

So the answer is yes.
__________________
fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt
Offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Model: many
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Z10 no clock on charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
I really don't know what the problem is. That's why there is no solution. For some strange reason, one computer in your home/office is working properly, but the other one is not. Like I said, user error.
OK it's always the user. I should know as the one or the other line of code has entered my keyboard magically.
But I do not consider this as a major problem now as I am positiv that as usual this user error most likely disappears on one of the next updates.
Nothing to worry just now. It was rather a statement just like yours that it is working on your machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
I have been patient with you bombinho. I have read your posts, and responded with answers that I thought were appropriate to the situation.[snip]
Thank you for your help, sorry but a lot of your solutions I had tried prior to asking and some pretty exactly the way you described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
So the answer is yes.
May I quote your link: "The official BlackBerry Z10 desktop cradle has yet to be released ". That is a clear yes to the question if the Blackberry cradle has been seen somewhere?

As for the Blackberry Link it does not seem to be required for my use as it does not do anything but copying files. It does not synchronise any relevant informations. Generally spoken it does not synchronise anything at all. From what I have seen by now it appears to be a very crude file manager only.

But I am open to news, I will surely have not discovered things in fully, as you noticed I am new to it. And to make it worse for you to help I am on the steep part of the learning curve and informations I had 10 minutes ago may have changed already by now.

So your input is very welcome and valued even if I differ in some personal views, it is just me that is a moving target at the moment. (someone stated "Keep Moving")
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads for: Z10 no clock on charge?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blackberry Style (9670) Shows clock but won't charge abbytheasian BlackBerry Help 1 07-03-2011 10:42 AM
**htc Revolution**/with digital clock & new icons/ 9800/ Premium design by guzzl3r guzzl3r BlackBerry Themes 2 11-19-2010 05:38 PM
U in USB -- can't charge 8703e from USB devices martyscholes General Legacy Device Discussion 6 11-16-2009 06:12 PM
Latest and Greatest Carrier Themes on GSM 8800 dc/dc BlackBerry Themes 13 06-01-2007 10:41 PM





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.