BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Z10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-z10-series-discussion-blackberry-10/)
-   -   Deja Vu (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-z10-series-discussion-blackberry-10/263915-deja-vu.html)

ejmm22 03-28-2013 08:53 PM

Deja Vu
 
I got my Z10 today and honestly I am impressed with the browser but there are so many things not working as expected, it is extremely disappointed. I was hoping this phone was going to be better than my 9900 RIM/Blackberry still do not get what customers need or want and, in my opinion, have gone the opposite way.
Please, help me with this phone, how do i:
1.- delete from the server?

2.- reset my contacts and have them sync with a specific email account?

3.- setup an account as imap (such as a gmail account) and have it retrieve the messages as they arrive and sync the contacts with this same account?

4.- is there a way to get rid of the hub? or at least have an icon for the hub on the main screen?

hrbuckley 03-29-2013 12:07 PM

Re: Deja Vu
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejmm22 (Post 1801275)
I got my Z10 today and honestly I am impressed with the browser but there are so many things not working as expected, it is extremely disappointed. I was hoping this phone was going to be better than my 9900 RIM/Blackberry still do not get what customers need or want and, in my opinion, have gone the opposite way.

Please, help me with this phone, how do i:
1.- delete from the server?

When you delete a message on the phone it will delete it on the server if that is supported by the server and the protocol you are connected with, IMAP for example.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejmm22 (Post 1801275)

2.- reset my contacts and have them sync with a specific email account?

Syncing of contacts is set up when the account is created. There does not seem to be a way to change this after the fact. You can configure which accounts are shown on the contact list by swiping down in Contacts and selecting settings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejmm22 (Post 1801275)
3.- setup an account as imap (such as a gmail account) and have it retrieve the messages as they arrive and sync the contacts with this same account?

This is normally the way a gmail account is configured automatically by the device. When creating the account you can choose to sync contacts or not, and sync the calendar or not. Accounts that use IMAP get messages very quickly, not as fast as BES push, but not a lot slower.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejmm22 (Post 1801275)
4.- is there a way to get rid of the hub? or at least have an icon for the hub on the main screen?

No the hub is not optional. The text messages icon will take you to the hub, but directly to the Text Messages tab.

ejmm22 03-29-2013 01:41 PM

Re: Deja Vu
 
Thank you hrbuckley, i actually did a search about this and found a post that suggested me setting up my gmail account as a exchange server account and it worked out nicely

dc/dc 03-29-2013 02:23 PM

Re: Deja Vu
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejmm22 (Post 1801366)
Thank you hrbuckley, i actually did a search about this and found a post that suggested me setting up my gmail account as a exchange server account and it worked out nicely

Be aware, that functionality will cease to work soon.

hrbuckley 03-29-2013 05:08 PM

Re: Deja Vu
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejmm22 (Post 1801366)
Thank you hrbuckley, i actually did a search about this and found a post that suggested me setting up my gmail account as a exchange server account and it worked out nicely

Good for you. I guess I'm not clear on what you were looking for, but glad you found it none the less. Sadly as DC/DC points out, as I undersand, Google has deprecated this feature. Maybe it will be available long enough for an update from BlackBerry that provides what you want.

ejmm22 03-29-2013 06:16 PM

Re: Deja Vu
 
maybe I should just jump to the lumia 920 and forget about BB

dc/dc 03-30-2013 04:11 PM

Re: Deja Vu
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejmm22 (Post 1801398)
maybe I should just jump to the lumia 920 and forget about BB

You will not be saved by a Lumia. It is not yet set to use CalDAV and CardDAV.

ejmm22 04-02-2013 07:56 PM

Re: Deja Vu
 
yes, but I do not have the expectations I had with the z10

dc/dc 04-03-2013 07:08 AM

Re: Deja Vu
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejmm22 (Post 1801599)
yes, but I do not have the expectations I had with the z10

You can use CalDAV and CarDAV with BB10 and it works great with Gmail.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.