BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Z10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-z10-series-discussion-blackberry-10/)
-   -   Gmail copy to self on BB10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-z10-series-discussion-blackberry-10/263931-gmail-copy-self-bb10.html)

snhrph 03-29-2013 03:17 PM

Gmail copy to self on BB10

As I am planning to upgrade to Z10, I would like to get the feedback from those that have used it on one very important (at least for me) issue...

Did BB10 solve the problem of Gmail messages either sent or cc'ed to self not showing up in Blackberry Inbox? This may be a deal breaker for me...

Thank you for your feedback.

fourstringfuror 03-29-2013 03:54 PM

Re: Gmail copy to self on BB10

Haven't heard any issues with that on the Z10, but it has been a problem for me recently.

hrbuckley 03-29-2013 05:14 PM

Just did that on my Z10 with my Gmail account. The only issue I see is that the outgoing email gets marked as unread, which is a bit strange but something I've seen before with other email clients using Gmail.

snhrph 03-29-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrbuckley (Post 1801393)
Just did that on my Z10 with my Gmail account. The only issue I see is that the outgoing email gets marked as unread, which is a bit strange but something I've seen before with other email clients using Gmail.

So the email that you sent to yourself was delivered to your Blackberry Inbox, correct?

hrbuckley 03-29-2013 07:02 PM

What do you mean by my BlackBerry inbox?

It was delivered to the inbox of the the account to which it was addressed and was available in the Hub.

kiranmanek 03-29-2013 11:00 PM

Does this z10 hv pushmail?? Some rumours spreading that there's no pushmail service with z10.. Or is that lotus mail? Pls help.. I'm planning to upgrade my bb nxt wk
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

snhrph 03-30-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrbuckley (Post 1801401)
What do you mean by my BlackBerry inbox?

I meant the Messages box on my 9900 (or the equivalent on bb10).

hrbuckley 03-30-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snhrph (Post 1801437)
I meant the Messages box on my 9900 (or the equivalent on bb10).

The equivalent would be the Hub, and yes the messages show up there.

hrbuckley 03-30-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranmanek (Post 1801410)
Does this z10 have pushmail?? Some rumours spreading that there's no pushmail service with z10.. Or is that lotus mail? Please help.. I'm planning to upgrade my bb next week

The Z10 does not need or use BIS to access BlackBerry services. I'm running mine with a standard Rogers PAYG smartphone account.

The Hub is a free standing email client like ThunderBird, so the Z10 doesn't use the BIS infrastructure to fetch mail for it. So in terms of your existing BlackBerry push mail system the answer is no.

What the Z10 does support, if your email provide uses IMAP is the IMAP IDLE state. In this mode the server notifies the device in real time when changes happen to the mail box. The Z10 actions new mail immediately so new messages arrive essentially as fast as they used to as long as the email service is IMAP. Similar performance is achieved through Active Sync.

If you have email accounts with providers that only support POP3 you will notice delays. There is an application that will poll your POP3 accounts more rapidly if you need that but there are battery and data usage issues that you would need to consider.

Some, myself included, find this a much better situation. Others prefer the way pre-BB10 email worked.

stevew 03-30-2013 05:45 PM

While BB10 doesn't use BIS, the Hub is NOT an e-mail client. It is simply a central hub used for notification and ease of navigation. The e-mail clients, are the accounts set up on the device, proprietary to BBRY.