BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Z10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-z10-series-discussion-blackberry-10/)
-   -   Z10 - Recent Contacts (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-z10-series-discussion-blackberry-10/264194-z10-recent-contacts.html)

DSTiBES 04-30-2013 08:56 AM

Z10 - Recent Contacts
 
1 Attachment(s)
We are currently doing a BES 10 Trial, our Mail System is Domino so we have the following installed:

BES10 BDS
Lotus Traveler 8.5.3
Lotus Domino 8.5.2 (Mail Server)

On my Z10, when I Compose an Email, there appears to be a small section of the Screen that shows (see attached), what appears to be Recent Email Contacts (Highlighted in Red).

I cannot scroll that part of the screen but if I select one of them, it add that Contact to the To list, then the list moves along one place.

My questions are as follows:

What are they for?

If they are Recent Email Contacts, why cant you scroll across?

Where are they coming from? My Lotus Notes Contacts Sync to the Z10 but none of those Contacts are in there.

There's not even in my Recent Contacts on my Notes Client.

How do you clear them?

ZombieBerry 05-01-2013 08:20 AM

Re: Z10 - Recent Contacts
 
The recent contacts who are not on your list, but are suggested, are from your associated e-mail account. The contacts could not be in your e-mail's contact list, as the suggestions are from unassigned people who are NOT on your list.

DSTiBES 05-01-2013 08:54 AM

Re: Z10 - Recent Contacts
 
Thanks for the reply but sorry I dont really understand what you are saying.

When I click on those Contacts, to add them to the To Field, I can see that they are people that I have emailed in the past but not from my Z10.

Even if they are suggested Contacts, whats the point of having them there? I cant scroll to select the ones I want, they dont move as I type the name in the To Field.

Can only select them in the order they appear, which is crazy.

Still would like to know how to clear them.

DSTiBES 05-01-2013 09:00 AM

Re: Z10 - Recent Contacts
 
I've just been adding them to the To Field to see who these people are, they are not people the I have emailed. They are coming from Active Directory Users.

How crazy to have that section there and you cant use it effectively.

ZombieBerry 05-01-2013 09:02 AM

Re: Z10 - Recent Contacts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DSTiBES (Post 1802894)
Thanks for the reply but sorry I dont really understand what you are saying.

When I click on those Contacts, to add them to the To Field, I can see that they are people that I have emailed in the past but not from my Z10.

That is correct. The suggestions come from any unassigned contacts from your actual e-mail account. Checking Notes for the contact is a waste of time, the purpose of the suggestion is only for those who have NOT been saved in your contact list (whichever e-mail account you are composing from)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSTiBES (Post 1802894)
Even if they are suggested Contacts, whats the point of having them there? I cant scroll to select the ones I want, they dont move as I type the name in the To Field.

Can only select them in the order they appear, which is crazy.

Still would like to know how to clear them.

I have no idea why they are included. As far as I can tell, it grabs the last two you contacted, and as I have never used em, I can't tell how many entries it saves or how to scroll though them. Turning them off is pretty easy when you typing an e-mail (two fingers on the bar, spread em apart (like zooming in on a photo)) the addresses will disappear, but will reappear when you next compose an e-mail.

ZombieBerry 05-01-2013 09:05 AM

Re: Z10 - Recent Contacts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DSTiBES (Post 1802895)
I've just been adding them to the To Field to see who these people are, they are not people the I have emailed. They are coming from Active Directory Users.

How crazy to have that section there and you cant use it effectively.

So it seems to be grabbing addies from your ldap server.

You can try clearing your mail cache?

DSTiBES 05-01-2013 09:12 AM

Re: Z10 - Recent Contacts
 
Thanks for your replies ZB.

Seems to be all the email addresses within our Email Domain. I've not configured LDAP on our Mail Server or Traveler Server, so dont think these are on LDAP's.

I get the impression that BES 10 has a mysterious side to it, although some would call it something else, which I wont write on here.....................


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.