Continuing to try to fix my issue. I did a "resettofactory" and removed my IT policy. After that bbmaps worked. I did an enterprise activation and now have a "maplet request error" in my event log. Specifically -
severity:2 type:2 app:LBS data:Maplet Request error: 72 zoom: 1, lat: 3880641, lon: -7704367, left: -7704976, top: 3881001, right: -7703758, bottom: 3880281, URL: http://maps.blackberry.com/map2/
, request: <empty>
I'll see if I can check at work and see if a policy on my company BES is causing my trouble though I doubt it since before removing the policy I was getting an out of memory error.
Completely stumped by this one....