BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.448
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 73
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Google Map 4.02

Please Login to Remove!

Just updated to Google Map 4.02. It seems google removed the triangulate functions from the 4.02. Any idea?
Offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 01:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
BUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.681
Carrier: Movistar
Posts: 386
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netghoster View Post
Just updated to Google Map 4.02. It seems google removed the triangulate functions from the 4.02. Any idea?
What do you mean? It is working fine on my storm2. Location by triangulation and then GPS.
Seems to perform exactly as 401 to me. And I'm still waiting for the "distance and speed" in "Lab" to start working.
Offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.448
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 73
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUC View Post
What do you mean? It is working fine on my storm2. Location by triangulation and then GPS.
Seems to perform exactly as 401 to me. And I'm still waiting for the "distance and speed" in "Lab" to start working.
After the update, when I was indoor without GPS reception, when I pressed "0", it said "Your current location is temporarily unavailable. Waiting for GPS."

Before update, it will use the Cell phone Tower location to indicate where I am.
Offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: BBPP
OS: 10.3.0
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,754
Post Thanks: 16
Thanked 503 Times in 489 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Have you tried a battery pull?
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
BUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.681
Carrier: Movistar
Posts: 386
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Did you changed the permissions for google maps? If you don't allow them it will not be able to use cell tower or even run properly.
Try a battery pull. And also go to "help" in google maps menu and check at the end that "my location" is enable

That's all I got
Offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
jbeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.706
Carrier: T-mo
Posts: 159
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netghoster View Post
After the update, when I was indoor without GPS reception, when I pressed "0", it said "Your current location is temporarily unavailable. Waiting for GPS."

Before update, it will use the Cell phone Tower location to indicate where I am.
Not sure if the 8320 does 3G, but did your phone get switched to 3G?
Offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.448
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 73
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUC View Post
Did you changed the permissions for google maps? If you don't allow them it will not be able to use cell tower or even run properly.
Try a battery pull. And also go to "help" in google maps menu and check at the end that "my location" is enable

That's all I got

I did all these already. No luck.
Offline  
Old 05-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.448
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 73
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeek View Post
Not sure if the 8320 does 3G, but did your phone get switched to 3G?
Sorry. Forgot to update my profile. I am currently using a 9700.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.