BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   GPS & Mapping (http://www.blackberryforums.com/gps-mapping/)
-   -   Deleted BBmaps by mistake (http://www.blackberryforums.com/gps-mapping/243898-deleted-bbmaps-mistake.html)

flstf 01-22-2011 02:46 PM

Deleted BBmaps by mistake
 
Was looking at BBmaps app in the apps section of options and not thinking I deleted the app. I was not getting the maps even by loading through quick launcher even though it would launch and even start gps nav complete with speed and direction etc. Just no map. Deleted the app thinking I could reload it through desktop manager 6. However I have found out that there is no option in dm6 for uploading apps anylonger. I did try to download it using the mobile blackberry site, but it only downloads the lbs ribbon file and not the app.

Does anyone have any idea of how or where to find the whole blackberry maps app for download?

Thanks in advance.

aiharkness 01-22-2011 02:50 PM

Re: Deleted BBmaps by mistake
 
Look over on the left on DM 6 and click on Applications....Then go from there, following the directions to select and de-select applications.

flstf 01-22-2011 02:59 PM

Re: Deleted BBmaps by mistake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1696224)
Look over on the left on DM 6 and click on Applications....Then go from there, following the directions to select and de-select applications.

Yes I have done that, but the only apps that show are ones currently loaded on the phone in the downloads folder and the facebook app. None of the native or "add on" apps show up and there does not seem to be a loader included. It only gives the option to "delete" for the apps that it does show. In previous versions of DM it listed every app and program on the device and gave you options to delete, install or update.

Thanks

aiharkness 01-22-2011 03:12 PM

Re: Deleted BBmaps by mistake
 
I see everything. I'm not sure what could explain why you don't. I can think of things to try, but it would be random....hard reset the BlackBerry....do a cold reboot on the PC....run the Desktop Manager installer and select repair....

I can't help but think there's something I'm missing, though.

Just curious, are you running the very latest update of DM 6, or the earlier release of version 6?

aiharkness 01-22-2011 03:14 PM

Re: Deleted BBmaps by mistake
 
.... what about running loader.exe instead of using Desktop Manager? Did you try that?

flstf 01-22-2011 03:24 PM

Re: Deleted BBmaps by mistake
 
I am using 6.0.1.18 version of DM. I have tried the hard boot etc. It just does not give me the option of adding or removing software/apps. If I have an app hidden on the device like say yellowpages it will not show up in DM. This version of DM has limited options when it comes to the apps etc. compared to earlier versions.

How do you use loader.exe and where might I find it?

Thanks again.

aiharkness 01-22-2011 03:35 PM

Re: Deleted BBmaps by mistake
 
I don't think it's 6.0.1.18.... I think it's you. I just don't know how or why.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ml#post1611727

flstf 01-22-2011 08:31 PM

Re: Deleted BBmaps by mistake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1696249)
I don't think it's 6.0.1.18.... I think it's you. I just don't know how or why.

It may very well be me, but there does not seem to be an option of what or how it shows the applications. I have searched the software over looking for some setting that allows it to or not to show what applications that are on the device. You click on the applications folder and what is there is there, no option to change it.

I plug the device into the usb port open DM and it does the rest, click on applications and what comes up is what comes up. The only app that shows up that I have not downloaded and added myself is facebook.

Is there a setting on the phone that prohibits it from seeing the other apps?

In all the earlier versions of DM it listed all of the apps on the phone regardless of how they were installed, and gave the option to add, delete or update. Seems the earlier versions had way more flexability when it came to app management.

There has to be a way to install BBmaps.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

flstf 01-22-2011 08:42 PM

Re: Deleted BBmaps by mistake
 
Ok, found app loader and its pretty straight forward. Does anyone know where or how to find the complete BBmaps app? The two that are listed on the mobile.blackberry site are lbs ribbon files only. I have done a search on the BB site with no luck, but its got to be there somewhere.

Thanks

scbarga 02-19-2011 03:39 AM

Re: Deleted BBmaps by mistake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flstf (Post 1696222)
Was looking at BBmaps app in the apps section of options and not thinking I deleted the app. I was not getting the maps even by loading through quick launcher even though it would launch and even start gps nav complete with speed and direction etc. Just no map. Deleted the app thinking I could reload it through desktop manager 6. However I have found out that there is no option in dm6 for uploading apps anylonger. I did try to download it using the mobile blackberry site, but it only downloads the lbs ribbon file and not the app.

Does anyone have any idea of how or where to find the whole blackberry maps app for download?

Thanks in advance.



Hi i just had my BB i want to activate my GPS but i dont know how. can u please help me? thnaks

Volz Innovation 08-16-2011 04:09 AM

Re: Deleted BBmaps by mistake
 
As soon as you load the service books again... BBMaps should be available again


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.