I've installed amAze GPS (http://www.amazegps.com/
) on my 8800. Here are my first findings: Getting it to work
1. OTA download from their site didn't work out (error 500).
2. Downloaded the app to my pc and installed it without problems using the apploader.
3. When you first launch the app you need to login or create a new user (this is best done from the site, it's free)
4. Next you encounter a 8800 bug, it says to hit the P-key to start, but it's actually the O-key (they brought it over from the Pearl incorrectly, it's still beta for the 8800) First test runs
- Maps load a bit slow on GPRS because they are very detailed. Seems to work just OK on EDGE though.
- You can choose between map view and arrow view. Arrow view loads quicker and consumes less of your dataplan
- GPS positioning is fast (faster than BB maps or Google maps)
- Routing works really well and accurate.
- Route recalculation is fast.
- Voice commands are very clear, even better when connected to a Bluetooth carkit (tested on the Parrot CK3100). Conclusion
This is a great free GPS app with voice commands and recalculating capabilities.
There are a few extra utilities (weather forecast, yellow page search,...) which I haven't tried yet but seem handy while out in the wild.