Okay guys. I need a hand. Let me start by saying that I have scoured these forums high and low (as well as a few others - including
and Toshiba). I found some useful information related to my problem but nothing that has solved it. So, if this is a repost I apologize. It wasn't for lack of looking.
I made the grave error of upgrading my laptop to Vista a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have been unable to synch my
via USB. When I plug the
into the computer it reads “USB charging current is not sufficient… blah blah blah… on the screen and DM will not recognize it, although the computer recognizes the media card that is installed and opens that. I have had some success synching via Bluetooth, although Vista won't load the drivers for the
Anyhow, here is what I have and here is what I have done to date. I've hit a wall and I'm not sure where to go from here. You guys are super smart and I know you will be able to help!!
I am running:
Toshiba Satellite U205-S5002
Curve 8320 with OS 188.8.131.52
Here’s what I have done (not even close to being in chronological order and possibly not inclusive):
1. Made TWO separate clean installs of the DM – one from the
website and the other from the T-Mobile site. I removed the programs, made the appropriate deletions from the registry, etc etc.
2. Rebooted several hundred time, banged head on desk
3. Tried to reload the OS into my
per the directions in the “how to reload when you can’t connect” (which failed miserably with Vista and had to be completed with an machine running XP)
4. Registered the atl and vbscript.dll files
5. Rebooted a few more hundred times, banged head on desk
6. Tried to manually install the device drivers from the USBDrivers folder (where it appears there are possibly only Win2k/XP drivers).
7. Checked all the settings for the USB connections/hubs in Device Manager to be sure they weren’t being put to sleep.
8. Tried a couple of different cables.
9. Tried to, and successfully synched with a computer running XP.
So, I believe I have been able to eliminate a bad DM install, the device, the functionality of the USB ports (they recognize the media card I have installed in the phone) and the cable as potential problems. That leaves Vista. I am missing something and I can’t figure out what it is. I’m sure it’s something stupid but I need your help (before I launch my computer into the river and buy a mac.
Thanks in advance.