BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2005, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Crank_It_Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Automobile charger for 7520 cheap

Please Login to Remove!

Less than $8.00 at Walmart, bought it 2 weeks ago, no problems yet.
Offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: NEW
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I second that - bought it at WalMart in SC over the 4th of July weekend on vacation, works GREAT.
Offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I hope you dont fry your batterys its been known to happen with after market chargers
Offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
rcg
Platinum Sponsor
 
rcg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Model: 7290
Posts: 1,185
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
I hope you dont fry your batterys its been known to happen with after market chargers

Good point. One aspect of some aftermarket chargers is they do not provide consistent current which has a negative effect on the batteries life expectancy. It's one reason we don't supply aftermarket chargers (even though the profit margin is higher).

Good luck.
__________________
Discount BlackBerry Accessories and More...
Click Here: [ SmartPhoneDepot.Com ]
BlackBerry Forums Platinum Sponsor

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot

Last edited by rcg : 07-25-2005 at 12:00 AM.
Offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
fliedlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando
Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 297
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

im going to wal-mart right now
__________________
Searching for a new blackberry......I just cant stay away.
Offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 05:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
rcrivera03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Winter Garden, Florida
Model: 7520
Posts: 264
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool

I have a little story for you guys that I encountered yesterday at the Nextel Repair Center.

A Customer brought in his BB becuase it was not charging, (second BB by the way)the tech said to him that the USB port was fried, again, and that this unit was not being covered under RIM Warranty or Nextels insurance becuase he used an aftermarket charger.

So he saved a few bucks on a charger, but now has to buy another BB? Costlier in the long run. Just a thought though!!
__________________
Offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

my point exactly
Offline  
Old 07-25-2005, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 7250
Carrier: bell
Posts: 76
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i had the same type of problem i was using and after market charger and whenever i turned off my bb it automatically drained the battery. i took the bb back and luckily the guy did nto realize that it was caused by the charger (i only realized now that this was the problem) so i got a new one from rim.
Offline  
Old 08-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Crank_It_Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
Good point. One aspect of some aftermarket chargers is they do not provide consistent current which has a negative effect on the batteries life expectancy. It's one reason we don't supply aftermarket chargers (even though the profit margin is higher).

Good luck.
ahh, thanks for the info. I'll make sure I only use the automobile charger when absolutely necessary.
__________________
=============
Blackberry Model 7520
Offline  
Old 08-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
fliedlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando
Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 297
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrivera03
I have a little story for you guys that I encountered yesterday at the Nextel Repair Center.

A Customer brought in his BB becuase it was not charging, (second BB by the way)the tech said to him that the USB port was fried, again, and that this unit was not being covered under RIM Warranty or Nextels insurance becuase he used an aftermarket charger.

So he saved a few bucks on a charger, but now has to buy another BB? Costlier in the long run. Just a thought though!!
I will pray for the day that the service center tells me that there not goin to repair my phone because I used an aftermarket charger....
__________________
Searching for a new blackberry......I just cant stay away.
Offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 12:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
zma
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
zma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Florida
Model: 7520
Posts: 137
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7520/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I don't use car chargers anymore. Just go buy an inverter (very cheap now) and plug your ac charger into it. That way you don't have to buy a new charger for each phone. I have a heavy duty inverter that I can use with a power strip to charge both phones and my notebook.
__________________
MFTP=Plese use search feature located in the blue bar above as your question/issue/complaint/statment was posted elsewhere.
Have a nice day
Offline  
Old 08-12-2005, 12:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Why is that? Just go buy yourself and aftermarket one and fry your usb port and make it happen dont just pray for it.

I build houses for a living and if you modify your home like installing windows or doors where we didnt put them we void the structural warranty its done everyday. I had a car thet the insurance wouldnt pay for because I had after market wheels and tires on bigger than what were recommended by the manufacturer. 17,000 and two years in court and I still lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliedlice
I will pray for the day that the service center tells me that there not goin to repair my phone because I used an aftermarket charger....
Offline  
Old 08-23-2005, 08:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
fliedlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando
Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 297
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Why is that? Just go buy yourself and aftermarket one and fry your usb port and make it happen dont just pray for it.

I build houses for a living and if you modify your home like installing windows or doors where we didnt put them we void the structural warranty its done everyday. I had a car thet the insurance wouldnt pay for because I had after market wheels and tires on bigger than what were recommended by the manufacturer. 17,000 and two years in court and I still lost.
Sorry im just catching up to this thread...i like blowing the dust off threads anyway...

there is a difference beetween a house and a phone....sorry the two are not a comaprison and neither is your insurance claim and the blackberry...I already bought one as well...havent had any problems with it

I cant use the inverter because of all the other electrical things running through my car.
__________________
Searching for a new blackberry......I just cant stay away.
Offline  
Old 08-23-2005, 09:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

They are exactly the same a warranty is a warranty no matter how you look at it. I have items that people say are bad as well and I havent had any issues either but that doesnt mean it wont happen.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.