Originally Posted by terrypro
I connected my blackberry curve 8320 to a motorola charger that I used to charge my blackberry pearl 8100, so I thought it would work. When I connected it, I got the crossed out Battery Icon on the screen. I have been trying all sorts of methods to fix it or restore it. I tried JL Cmder, but it won't detect my device. I tried updating the software with desktop manager, but it didn't work either. I've tried taking the battery out for several hours,but nothing. I've left the battery in for several hours as well, but nothing. I don't know what to do
Maybe you damaged your battery. You never charge your smartphone with none BlackBerry charger.
Only what I can suggest you is software reload.
1. Put battery in the smartphone
2. Connect your smartphone to computer using USB cable (use back USB ports, not front one)
3. Right click on my computer and select manage
4. On the left side click on device manager
5. On right side double click on Universal Serial Bus Controllers
6. If there you can see BlackBerry smartphone then you can go to next step
1.Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager
2.Make back up if you can if you cant
Open BlackBerry Technical Solution Center
Search for KB16251
If this doesn't work then you toasted your battery and you will need replacement.
I hope this helps