06-23-2006, 02:43 AM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Intellisync, and then click
Auto start... .
2. Make sure the only option checked is Update handheld's date and time.
3. Click OK, then click Close.
After completing the steps below, if you want to synchronize your BlackBerry again,
make sure to reselect the auto start options you deselected above, or your device will
continue to only update the date and time when cradled.
To clear personal data from your BlackBerry, follow the directions below:
1. Cradle your device. (Edit: This does not apply to a 7100 series BlackBerry.
Thought I'd add this cause it confuses people).
2. If the BlackBerry you are clearing is not the one you are currently using, you will
see a Redirector Settings pop-up that says your email account is set up to use a
different device and asking if you want to change it to work with this device. Click No.
3. Double-click Application Loader, then click Next.
4. If prompted, enter your password.
5. On the Handheld Application Selection screen, click Next.
6. You will see the message "No actions are required." Click Advanced. If you have
an 850 or 950 series device, click Next on the Handheld Storage Allocation screen.
7. On the Handheld Data Preservation screen, click to check Erase all application
data. Click Next.
8. On the Application Data Backup screen, select Do not automatically back up and
restore the handheld application data during the loading process. Click Next.
9. Click Finish. Make sure you do not remove the handheld from the cradle until the
clearing process is finished.