BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default OEM Replacement Housings/Faceplates?

Please Login to Remove!

I've searched and searched and I can't seem to find OEM replacement parts for any BB. I've read the other thread on this site discussing the same issue, but it didn't sound like anyone found a solution.

Since there's more members now...I decided to ask this question again in hopes that some new folks may know.

Does anyone know how to get an OEM housing/faceplate for a 7280? I bought a dummy BB through eBay hoping to use its faceplate. Unfortunately, the dummy BB's are NOT made with the same quality plastic that the real BB's are. In addition, the 7280's have the metal bezel around the display...and the dummy version has the plastic (painted) silver bezel.

Call me anal...but as much as I use this darn thing, just can't stand looking at the scratched up corner. :( Somehow, the leather case holding my BB go knocked off my belt one day by a box in my hands...resulting in a case of pavement poisoning! It still works like a champ though!!
Offline  
Old 10-03-2004, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A
Posts: 3,309
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If anything you might have to go directly to RIM to get a replacement for you berry.
Offline  
Old 10-03-2004, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wichita, KS
Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 54
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I believe that the 7280 has the (silver painted) plastic bezel.
Offline  
Old 03-14-2005, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 7100r
Posts: 22
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

we sell blackberry replacement parts:

http://www.promobility.net/html/blackberryparts.shtml
Offline  
Old 03-16-2005, 09:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
MooseNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.524
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 192
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 7100 case replacements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Litman
we sell blackberry replacement parts:

http://www.promobility.net/html/blackberryparts.shtml
Jeff,
Thanks for the post and the link, very interesting. I know some of our TMO bretheren who have the TMO version of the 7100t would love it if you stocked the 7100 cases (all except the TMO version of course). There has been plenty of disgust with the current TMO version and I cant blame them I wouldnt want it. The current Cingular version (7100g) works well as I am sure the O2 and Vodaphone would also be big sellers.
I for one would buy two kits of the Cingular case so I can mod my sibling's 7100t

Seriously, I'll bet that there would be a good market for those.

Regards,

Dave
__________________
Formerly - HTC Thunderbolt / 9550 / 9630 / 8830 / 8100 / 8700 / 7290 / 7100g / 7510 / 7230 / 6710 /. .
Offline  
Old 03-16-2005, 06:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I Can Have Any Nextel Blackberry Refurbished With New Casing, Etc. For Only 20$ As Long As There Is No Physical/liquid Damages.
Offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 07:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
El Chino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sunny Miami
Model: 7100t
Posts: 107
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How do you get the housing replaced for $20? Who do you contact?
Offline  
Old 06-06-2005, 07:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 58
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseNYC
Jeff,
Thanks for the post and the link, very interesting. I know some of our TMO bretheren who have the TMO version of the 7100t would love it if you stocked the 7100 cases (all except the TMO version of course). There has been plenty of disgust with the current TMO version and I cant blame them I wouldnt want it. The current Cingular version (7100g) works well as I am sure the O2 and Vodaphone would also be big sellers.
I for one would buy two kits of the Cingular case so I can mod my sibling's 7100t

Seriously, I'll bet that there would be a good market for those.

Regards,

Dave



Hmm, interesting. I would agree that i would love to change the housing of my 7100t to something else maybe the v or g models. I would assume (maybe wrongly) that internally they should all be the same so replacing the shell wouldnt be impossible? would love to hear any stories/information anyone might have on this.
Offline  
Old 06-08-2005, 12:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
JAChavez99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: West TX
Model: 7520
Posts: 15
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXTEL347
I Can Have Any Nextel Blackberry Refurbished With New Casing, Etc. For Only 20$ As Long As There Is No Physical/liquid Damages.
Please do let us know!
Offline  
Old 06-08-2005, 10:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
stonent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,734
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm interested as well
__________________
Stonent

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 11:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas
Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 26
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Any word on if the 7100 g or v cases will work with the BB 7100t. I love my 7100t, but I don't like the case.
Offline  
Old 06-16-2005, 04:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 7100g
Posts: 12
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How about different colors? I like the 7100g case ok but would prefer a different color, a nice blue or something.
Offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hampton. N.B. Canada
Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 16
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Blackberry 7100T to V/X conversion

This can be done if you can find some way to replace the keypad circuit board. The 7100T/R are the same as are the 7100G/X. The case is interchangeable but the keypad will not function unless you change the circuit board, which I have not attempted.
Offline  
Old 11-09-2005, 01:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Model: 7510
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXTEL347
I Can Have Any Nextel Blackberry Refurbished With New Casing, Etc. For Only 20$ As Long As There Is No Physical/liquid Damages.
In deed! Would love to have my scratched up 7510 looking new again. Very interested. Anyone heard back from NEXTEL347?
Offline  
Old 03-15-2006, 08:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
misfist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Model: 7100T
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Modified 7100T

I successfully modified my 7100T by replacing the keypad and housing. It was quite easy (though a little costly) and now looks a about a thousand times better!

I ordered the housing kit and keypad from: http://www.bbrepairshop.com/parts-7100.html

1. Complete housing for BlackBerry BlackBerry 7100X (interchangable with 7100g) - OEM
2. Replacement Keyboard for BlackBerry 7100g and 7100x

The existing keypad does "work" with the housing, but not well (far left and right column of keys need to be pressed in hard in order to be recognized.) Replacing it is easy because the old one basically pops out and the new one pops in.

The finished product (sorry for the crappy camera phone pic.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackberry_7100_mod.jpg (19.6 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by misfist : 03-15-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Offline  
Old 03-16-2006, 12:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
lifestar53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NJ
Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXTEL347
I Can Have Any Nextel Blackberry Refurbished With New Casing, Etc. For Only 20$ As Long As There Is No Physical/liquid Damages.
Has NEXTEL347 posted anything anwhere on this forum since this post ?
__________________
Brooklyn, NYC
Why is the Blackberry 7100i SILVER?
Sprint Treo 650 + Boost i875

Don't be a dummy, buckle your seatbelt.
Offline  
Old 03-16-2006, 05:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
toddz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 231
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

@misfist

So the total for both was $89.99 + $24.99 correct? And the 7100X complete housing included front, back, battery door, keypad (just the outer plastic keys and rubber pad)? Then all you needed was a new 7100G keypad circuit board?

Just wanted to get this straight if I pull the switch on this mod.

Thanks,
toddz

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfist
I successfully modified my 7100T by replacing the keypad and housing. It was quite easy (though a little costly) and now looks a about a thousand times better!

I ordered the housing kit and keypad from: http://www.bbrepairshop.com/parts-7100.html

1. Complete housing for BlackBerry BlackBerry 7100X (interchangable with 7100g) - OEM
2. Replacement Keyboard for BlackBerry 7100g and 7100x

The existing keypad does "work" with the housing, but not well (far left and right column of keys need to be pressed in hard in order to be recognized.) Replacing it is easy because the old one basically pops out and the new one pops in.
Offline  
Old 04-02-2006, 09:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
misfist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Model: 7100T
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Replacement Housing for 7100

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddz
@misfist

So the total for both was $89.99 + $24.99 correct? And the 7100X complete housing included front, back, battery door, keypad (just the outer plastic keys and rubber pad)? Then all you needed was a new 7100G keypad circuit board?

Just wanted to get this straight if I pull the switch on this mod.

Thanks,
toddz
Sorry for the delay in replying...

The keyboard for $24.99 includes the circuit board. So, the cost (w/out shipping and tax) was $114.98. There is a less expensive ($59.99) housing replacement that looks pretty good too.

Hope this helps!
Offline  
Old 04-16-2006, 09:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 144
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have a 7105t and would love to change out my housing. Any suggestions?
Offline  
Old 04-27-2006, 03:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
VR6
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
VR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 308
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

here are some step-by-step instructions that might help:
http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfa...247&artlang=en
__________________
~VR6

Rogers 7280 -> 7100r -> 8310 -> 9000 -> 9800 -> 9900
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.