BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/iphone-android-other-handheld-forum/)
-   -   My .02 with the 3G iPhone ... Back to BB (http://www.blackberryforums.com/iphone-android-other-handheld-forum/141017-my-02-3g-iphone-back-bb.html)

joaquin654 07-19-2008 09:34 AM

My .02 with the 3G iPhone ... Back to BB
 
ok so first off let me say that i'm a long time blackberry user/fan. not eternally long but pretty long time i think . i can count back to the 7230 , 7290 , 8700 , pearl , 8300 , and now my 8310 ! so i'm definitely a blackberry person. but being that the iPhone is so hyped and definitely a " solid " device in my book i tried it. i'm not disappointed in the iPhone or calling it useless ... its by no way such but here are my 2 cents :

Pros : beautiful screen , alot of storage space ( 16GB ) , reliable operation , great internet device , nice camera , and beautiful to look at ... lets face it its sexy

Cons : Horrible signal ( in 3G only ) , no MMS , horrible battery , no video , screen gets dirty very quickly , touch screen is nice at first but then its annoying , my screen was slightly yellowish , keyboard too sensitive and sometimes typed words i didn't want , and did i mention no push email unless u get MobileME or a Microsoft Exchange Account ( which to me means only that account is push )

I would also like to say that watching movies / music on the iPhone is awesome but i couldn't judge it too well because my battery died extremely quickly ... way quicker than with other 3G devices like the Blackjack 2 or AT&T Tilt. And to finish it off i wanna say that it is a nice device and to everyone that has one and loves it your OK in my book but i will stick with Blackberry.

:bb:(y)

NJBlackBerry 07-19-2008 10:00 AM

** Moved to Handheld Forums as this is another iPhone review **

joaquin654 07-19-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1024146)
** Moved to Handheld Forums as this is another iPhone review **

oops ! sorry NJ , i just realized that your right and probably everyone and their mom is posting about the iphone ! ooops ! i just had to vent since i spent 2-3 hours on line to buy it and then returned it just 3 days later ...

:shock:;-)

MERK350Z 07-19-2008 11:35 AM

i feel your pain man when the first iphone came out i did the same after just a day using the phone i went back to my 8700 i just cant get used to not haveing push email and a keyboard. i am using my E90 and my 8800 off and on depends what kind of work i am doing that week. but ipone is so far away from beating any blackberry. people willl say i am wrong. i am if you are going to compare it as an entertainment tool but blackberry for e mail and text message and doing some basic office work rocks.

muck 07-19-2008 10:05 PM

thats why the blackberry + touch is the ultimate solution.
get the best of both worlds :)

mgerbasio 07-20-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joaquin654 (Post 1024149)
oops ! sorry NJ , i just realized that your right and probably everyone and their mom is posting about the iphone ! ooops ! i just had to vent since i spent 2-3 hours on line to buy it and then returned it just 3 days later ...

:shock:;-)

By any chance, did you try your BB sim in the iphone? I'd like to get one an swap the sim for nights/weekends but don't want to add another $30/mo data plan. I've seen conflicting information on the net about it. Thanks.

Regards-Michael G.

test54 07-21-2008 08:51 AM

as long as you have BB data plan then you can use that Sim in you iphone. you lose visual voicemail on the iphone.

BB data plan = data on both iphone & BB.

and it is not for everyone, same as BB.

mgerbasio 07-21-2008 07:51 PM

Thanks. I think I'm going to buy one and cancel the plan after thirty days and pay the etf.

Regards-Michael G.

test54 07-23-2008 01:09 PM

thats the best way to do it this time. enjoy both of your phones, your getting the best of both worlds.

Rolo1971 07-23-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54 (Post 1026032)
as long as you have BB data plan then you can use that Sim in you iphone. you lose visual voicemail on the iphone.

BB data plan = data on both iphone & BB.

and it is not for everyone, same as BB.

I thought the iphone didn't have a sim card? I was told you had to activate it in the store?

test54 07-23-2008 02:47 PM

yes you have to activate in stores and it does have a sim card, same as the first one.

Rolo1971 07-24-2008 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54 (Post 1029790)
yes you have to activate in stores and it does have a sim card, same as the first one.

Is it removable like it is in my BB? Again, I was under the assumption that it was internal and couldn't be removed or exchanged like the sim in my BB.

Rolo

ezrunner 07-24-2008 06:23 AM

yes it is removable

NJBlackBerry 07-24-2008 06:32 AM

Easily removable. They even give you a tool (a fancy paper clip) to insert into the iPhone to remove the SIM.

Of course, 3G iPhones can't be unlocked *yet*; they can be jailbroken.

Rolo1971 07-24-2008 07:47 AM

thanks, this is good to know for me because it sounds like I can buy the phone and exchange SIM and have two phones working with an interchangeable SIM.

Rolo

test54 07-24-2008 07:49 AM

only a matter of time i think. actually pretty good that the unlock people haven't gotten it done yet. but it will happen, but not sure its that big of a deal this time as no 3G with Tmobile.

NJBlackBerry 07-24-2008 10:54 AM

Unlocking won't add much value for people who want to switch to T-Mobile *and* use 3G. Different frequencies...

test54 07-24-2008 11:12 AM

yeah and they are working on deals to bring it to China. If they get that done then there will not be quite as many getting unlocked and shipped there. China has a ton of unlocked original iphones.

ikasen 07-24-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joaquin654 (Post 1024129)
ok so first off let me say that i'm a long time blackberry user/fan. not eternally long but pretty long time i think . i can count back to the 7230 , 7290 , 8700 , pearl , 8300 , and now my 8310 ! so i'm definitely a blackberry person. but being that the iPhone is so hyped and definitely a " solid " device in my book i tried it. i'm not disappointed in the iPhone or calling it useless ... its by no way such but here are my 2 cents :

Pros : beautiful screen , alot of storage space ( 16GB ) , reliable operation , great internet device , nice camera , and beautiful to look at ... lets face it its sexy

Cons : Horrible signal ( in 3G only ) , no MMS , horrible battery , no video , screen gets dirty very quickly , touch screen is nice at first but then its annoying , my screen was slightly yellowish , keyboard too sensitive and sometimes typed words i didn't want , and did i mention no push email unless u get MobileME or a Microsoft Exchange Account ( which to me means only that account is push )

I would also like to say that watching movies / music on the iPhone is awesome but i couldn't judge it too well because my battery died extremely quickly ... way quicker than with other 3G devices like the Blackjack 2 or AT&T Tilt. And to finish it off i wanna say that it is a nice device and to everyone that has one and loves it your OK in my book but i will stick with Blackberry.

:bb:(y)

Thanks for the review. I was supposed to get a free 3gIphone which may or may not happen. In the meantime, I would take a Bold in a NY minute, but I may be grayer than I've already gotten if I wait for that. I'm trying to be patient. In the meantime, everytime I play with an Iphone, I find the touchscreen to be somewhat unresponsive and the keyboard a little rough to get used to. I've read over and over how you have to give it time. Do you have a comment on any of this?

joaquin654 07-25-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikasen (Post 1031752)
Thanks for the review. I was supposed to get a free 3gIphone which may or may not happen. In the meantime, I would take a Bold in a NY minute, but I may be grayer than I've already gotten if I wait for that. I'm trying to be patient. In the meantime, everytime I play with an Iphone, I find the touchscreen to be somewhat unresponsive and the keyboard a little rough to get used to. I've read over and over how you have to give it time. Do you have a comment on any of this?

Sure , it's true you do get somewhat used to typing on the glass screen which is beautiful by the way but its just not the same a tactile keys no matter how small they may be for some. I have very fat fingers in fact and I thought i would love the iPhone over my Curve but thats not the case at all. I will say this about the iPhone , when it comes to surfing the web ... Blackberry doesn't even scratch the surface in comparison to the iPhone ! But when it comes to everything else ... gimme a Blackberry please .

;-):bb:(y)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.