BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Ms Lola Bunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Model: 8120
OS: 4.3.0.115
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 39
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default SIM CARD FAILURE/Jailbroken iphone 3g. Ver 2.2.1, firmware 02.30.03 Please help!

Please Login to Remove!

I was so excited to see the SIM card adapter in the mail. I read the instructions on Item and did as instructed. As I have a TMobile SIM card (which was inside of a blackberry 8120), I thought this was the answer by getting this adapter. I waited, and saw "NO SERVICE" then I saw it change to "------" and then to "TMobile" for just a second, then it went to INVALID SIM. - I tried it again and the same thing. I have also made sure that I included the VPN code epc.tmobile.com - username/password are both blank. Nothing gives - it continues to say INVALID SIM. Can someone please help me?

YES, the iphone is jailbroken btw

Also, the sim adapter came from Ebay, click to see the exact product that I am using:
2.2.1 iPhone 3G 8GB 16GB 02.30.03 Turbo Sim Unlock Card - eBay (item 260406879499 end time May-14-09 17:31:36 PDT)
Offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kid Tested. Mom Approved.
 
Raptor464's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northwest Indiana
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.4xx
PIN: eapple under the sea
Carrier: T-mobile USA
Posts: 3,127
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 2 Posts
Default

You realize this is a BlackBerry forum... right?
__________________
BlackBerry 9700: OS 6.0.0.424 FLASH WHITE
The BlackBerry Zone VIP
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Raptor464
Offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Ms Lola Bunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Model: 8120
OS: 4.3.0.115
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 39
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes, just thought that since I was moving my SIM card from a BLACKBERRY that I would find someone that had knowlege of my issue. Thanks Raptor.
Offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
dankarlinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 1
Carrier: 1
Posts: 3,391
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

the iphone has a slightly different unlocking system than other smartphones. that device may not be compatible with the iphone. also, if the phone was jailbroken, you wouldnt need any unlocking adapter.

eithe3r way, this is a berry forum, and is not a sim card issue. you will get more answers from an iphone forum
Offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default

SIM adapters are not the right way to unlock iPhones. Apple updates their software to compensate for them.

Please download yell0wsn0w from Cydia, and your iPhone will be unlocked.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
CO_BBTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Denver
Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,044
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankarlinski View Post
[...]you will get more answers from an iphone forum
FWIW, the iPhone forums in general are a joke; unanswered questions, lots of "I have that problem too... help me when you figure it out..."

I don't blame the OP for trying his/her luck here.
__________________
Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months.
Clifford Stoll
Offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie View Post
FWIW, the iPhone forums in general are a joke; unanswered questions, lots of "I have that problem too... help me when you figure it out..."

I don't blame the OP for trying his/her luck here.
And the answer is above.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
test54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Model: AAPL
OS: iPhone
Carrier: is Better than BB :)
Posts: 3,633
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
SIM adapters are not the right way to unlock iPhones. Apple updates their software to compensate for them.

Please download yell0wsn0w from Cydia, and your iPhone will be unlocked.
thats the best way to unlock the phone. no need to deal with anything else.
__________________
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila." - unknown
Offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
dankarlinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 1
Carrier: 1
Posts: 3,391
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (My Bold)

Agreed. So. Case closed?
Offline  
Old 05-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Latino Hasta La Muerte
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denville, NJ.
Model: 7250
OS: 4.1
PIN: G!!!
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9,039
Post Thanks: 51
Thanked 305 Times in 293 Posts
Default

So don't jailbroken iPhones re-lock when you update the OS? Once you unlock a Blackberry it's unlocked forever. This jailbreak method seems like a temporary solution.
Offline  
Old 05-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
test54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Model: AAPL
OS: iPhone
Carrier: is Better than BB :)
Posts: 3,633
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

pretty easy though, you just dont update until the yellowsn0w team updates the unlock. its easy.
__________________
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila." - unknown
Offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
dankarlinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 1
Carrier: 1
Posts: 3,391
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
So don't jailbroken iPhones re-lock when you update the OS? Once you unlock a Blackberry it's unlocked forever. This jailbreak method seems like a temporary solution.
exactly. an iphone jailbreak is Temp

in PC terms:

"jailbreaking" an iphone is like editing the registry on a computer.

unlocking is like adding new hardware.....

jailbreaking is only a tweak where as unlocking is the actual fix
Offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

another reason its inferior. You have to wait for a hacker to hack the phone to get it done.
Offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NewJersey
Model: 9900
OS: 7.1.0.284
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Posts: 640
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Lola Bunny View Post
I was so excited to see the SIM card adapter in the mail. I read the instructions on Item and did as instructed. As I have a TMobile SIM card (which was inside of a blackberry 8120), I thought this was the answer by getting this adapter. I waited, and saw "NO SERVICE" then I saw it change to "------" and then to "TMobile" for just a second, then it went to INVALID SIM. - I tried it again and the same thing. I have also made sure that I included the VPN code epc.tmobile.com - username/password are both blank. Nothing gives - it continues to say INVALID SIM. Can someone please help me?

YES, the iphone is jailbroken btw

Also, the sim adapter came from Ebay, click to see the exact product that I am using:
2.2.1 iPhone 3G 8GB 16GB 02.30.03 Turbo Sim Unlock Card - eBay (item 260406879499 end time May-14-09 17:31:36 PDT)
i hope you are aware that you can unlock the iphone 3g via software and just drop your sim card in and it will work. no need for adapter.
__________________
MY Collection:--8300,8700,8800,9000,9300,9500,9520,9700,9800,9860, 9900
Offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,803
Post Thanks: 33
Thanked 441 Times in 381 Posts
Default

Jailbroken and unlocked are two totally different things in the iPhone world. Jailbroken is a hack to allow you to load applications for sources other than the Apple App Store. It has NOTHING to do with unlocking.

Unlocking, as mentioned above, can be done with yell0wsn0w from Cydia, unless you have upgraded the iPhone to the latest radio code, in which case you are SOL.

But you can still Jailbreak an upgraded phone.
Offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NewJersey
Model: 9900
OS: 7.1.0.284
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Posts: 640
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Jailbroken and unlocked are two totally different things in the iPhone world. Jailbroken is a hack to allow you to load applications for sources other than the Apple App Store. It has NOTHING to do with unlocking.

Unlocking, as mentioned above, can be done with yell0wsn0w from Cydia, unless you have upgraded the iPhone to the latest radio code, in which case you are SOL.

But you can still Jailbreak an upgraded phone.
thats what i was trying to say. jailbroken does not mean unlocked. i think he needs to just start fresh do a full restore. then do an unlock download the correct software to unlock and jailbreak the phone. it should not take him long then 30 mins to do . i have about a large fam and we have about 10 iphones and all are unlocked.
__________________
MY Collection:--8300,8700,8800,9000,9300,9500,9520,9700,9800,9860, 9900
Offline  
Old 05-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Jailbroken and unlocked are two totally different things in the iPhone world. Jailbroken is a hack to allow you to load applications for sources other than the Apple App Store. It has NOTHING to do with unlocking.

Unlocking, as mentioned above, can be done with yell0wsn0w from Cydia, unless you have upgraded the iPhone to the latest radio code, in which case you are SOL.

But you can still Jailbreak an upgraded phone.
yell0wsn0w has actually been upgraded too, so it now works on the latest radio code.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
CBR900RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: USA
Model: 8310
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 676
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
SIM CARD FAILURE/Jailbroken iphone 3g. Ver 2.2.1, firmware 02.30.03 Please help!
You cannot software unlock (yellowsn0w) on baseband 02.30.03, but if you have bootloader 5.8, you can downgrade you baseband to 02.28.00 and use yellowsn0w.
Go to cydia and download 3G fuzzyband downgrader and it will tell you which bootloader you have, and if you have the 5.8, it will downgrade the baseband for you.

The turbosim adapter you purchase should work with your iphone, did you turn off 3G before you reboot you iphone?
__________________
.T...Mobile. BB 8220
OS v4.6.0.180
DM v4.2.2.14 SP2
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.