BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/iphone-android-other-handheld-forum/)
-   -   Nexus One now available for AT&T (http://www.blackberryforums.com/iphone-android-other-handheld-forum/222070-nexus-one-now-available-t.html)

ArgonNJ 03-16-2010 12:44 PM

Nexus One now available for AT&T
 
Google announced that the Nexus One is now available with AT&T and Rogers 3G frequencies. It is available directly from Google and there is no subsidy. I might pick one to try and see how it compares to my iphone. I've been wanting to try Android for awhile now, but AT&T hasn't been playing.

Raptor464 03-16-2010 12:55 PM

For $529.00...i'm not too sure I would want to "try it out"

Noodle22 03-16-2010 01:18 PM

I find the set up for the site amusing, I like that I can put in how big my hand is and it will tell me how it will look in comparison. But the phone itself looks to big and bulky. Not my style. Despite the fact it weighs the same as 53 pennies :razz:

TheBigNewt 03-18-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgonNJ (Post 1580516)
Google announced that the Nexus One is now available with AT&T and Rogers 3G frequencies. It is available directly from Google and there is no subsidy. I might pick one to try and see how it compares to my iphone. I've been wanting to try Android for awhile now, but AT&T hasn't been playing.

Look forward to your comments. I'm waiting for it to drop on Verizon soon. That and the Incredible, which is a very similar phone with trackpad instead of trackball.

Kamatari 03-24-2010 06:53 AM

The Nexus is android 2.1 i think? I've never liked google's version/skin of android compared to HTC's version...

ArgonNJ 03-24-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamatari (Post 1584253)
The Nexus is android 2.1 i think? I've never liked google's version/skin of android compared to HTC's version...

Actually, Googles version IS what Android looks like, the others put a custom UI on top of it.

julioangelortiz 03-24-2010 02:49 PM

I was pretty excited to see this on AT&T, but then Sprint unveiled the HTC Evo... *drools*

HTC EVO 4G is Sprint's Android-powered knight in superphone armor, we go hands-on -- Engadget

ArgonNJ 03-24-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julioangelortiz (Post 1584623)
I was pretty excited to see this on AT&T, but then Sprint unveiled the HTC Evo... *drools*

HTC EVO 4G is Sprint's Android-powered knight in superphone armor, we go hands-on -- Engadget

Sadly you probably won't see a 4G device on ATT until 2011, at the earliest.

julioangelortiz 03-24-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgonNJ (Post 1584662)
Sadly you probably won't see a 4G device on ATT until 2011, at the earliest.

Yeah, which is a little surprising, isn't it? All that money from the iPhone and they haven't been able to be ahead of Sprint in the 4G rollout?

test54 05-02-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julioangelortiz (Post 1584692)
Yeah, which is a little surprising, isn't it? All that money from the iPhone and they haven't been able to be ahead of Sprint in the 4G rollout?

I don't see any surprise there, they have to finish their 3G rollout before investing significant $$ in widespread 4G. I would think a few cities would see it sooner but I was thinking atleast 2012 before any significant 4G. The money required is huge.

morkel182 05-28-2010 01:09 AM

Hi everyone.
I have got new laptop and i need an elegant skin for it. So please suggest me a website that provides good skins for laptop.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.