BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
TBOLTRAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Model: 4S
OS: 7.0.4
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 5,214
Post Thanks: 67
Thanked 105 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

The fact it is on at&t makes it a nonstarter from the gate.
__________________
We will spend our old age surrounded by idiots following government rules.
Offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
LunkHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here
Model: 850
OS: 0.0.00001
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Posts: 10,992
Post Thanks: 160
Thanked 158 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Not all that impressed...

The A4 processor should be pretty speedy... Glass front and rear? STUPID!

Facetime is a joke.... iPhone to iPhone only and both users MUST be on wifi.... Not to mention the stoneage VGA front facing camera.... Anyone notice Jobs had problem even connecting to his chat buddy... LOL

If I still had my 3GS i'd keep it over the 4G unless I got a free upgrade...
Offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
BBF Spam Killer Moderator
 
daphne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on a sunny beach
Model: Z
OS: 10.2.1.12
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 9,165
Post Thanks: 122
Thanked 146 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Did Apple create this Face Time app? I wonder how they can use that name because there is a company named FaceTime that makes security hardware and software.
__________________
Report spam text messages to 7726
#BlackBerry by choice #BlacBerry 10 is here!
Offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 06:57 AM   #24 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
TBOLTRAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Model: 4S
OS: 7.0.4
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 5,214
Post Thanks: 67
Thanked 105 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Wheres the Kool Aid Kid and his enlightened comments?
__________________
We will spend our old age surrounded by idiots following government rules.
Offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Did Apple create this Face Time app? I wonder how they can use that name because there is a company named FaceTime that makes security hardware and software.
FaceTime is changing it's name. Also, Apple worked with Cisco this time so they could use iOS, since that's a name that Cisco has used for a while.

Apple Avoids iPhone-Like Trademark Battle Thanks To Cisco, FaceTime Deals | mocoNews
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Model: 9700
PIN: 2223D3C3
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I think we have to be fair, beside picking on the face time app and iphone to iphone video call (blackberry messenger works BB to BB only) or the glass back and so on. I have to admit that they took a step forward by introducing multi tasking and one inbox for different accounts. Now they are really competition to BB on BIS in email handling with their IMAP folders support
Offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Let's be fair, you say they took a step forward with multitasking.... It only took them 4 generations to do so. BlackBerrys have been doing this before the original iPhone was released.

You make a good point, but with BlackBerry Messenger, you can BBM any BlackBerry, regardless of model (legacy or not), regardless or carrier, etc as well as over carrier network or WiFi. For the FaceTime app, you can only chat over WiFi (not carrier network) and only to other iPhone 4 users.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #28 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
kathrynhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ohio
Model: None
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 2,023
Post Thanks: 32
Thanked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
For the FaceTime app, you can only chat over WiFi (not carrier network) and only to other iPhone 4 users.
Let's hear it for walled gardens!

/snark
Offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Model: 9700
PIN: 2223D3C3
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 14
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
Let's be fair, you say they took a step forward with multitasking.... It only took them 4 generations to do so. BlackBerrys have been doing this before the original iPhone was released.

You make a good point, but with BlackBerry Messenger, you can BBM any BlackBerry, regardless of model (legacy or not), regardless or carrier, etc as well as over carrier network or WiFi. For the FaceTime app, you can only chat over WiFi (not carrier network) and only to other iPhone 4 users.
took them 4 generations to add multi tasking, but now it is there, this is the fact. we are talking about present. other smart phones do that since they started too (I came from palm pre and HTC touch) I meant now iphone can compete with these multi tasking phones.

I do not care much about video chatting, nor the BBM messenger too. my main concern is a good email client. and with the combined inbox in the new iphone (which also has been done by BB ages ago) it will satisfy the need of some user. with this feature, along with the ability to sort and organize your mail boxes way better than BB on BIS, the iphone will be a stronger email client. I am one of the user whose inbox became a total mess because I can not move messages from my phone, and can not sync organized folder, and can not access my sent messages from my device.

also to note about the competition, HTC EVO is now available, and it is in my opinion kills the iphone 4. android 2.1 now can sync with microsoft outlook. and they have application to view and edit microsoft documents. and android market is expanding hugely.
all that mentioned, I feel RIM does not care much about BIS users.
Offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 1,638
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The one good thing about the iphone 4 is the $199 price. That knocks the older models down to $100, and used models below that. That's pretty tempting if Apple allowed unlocking.

Since iphone is a bit of a benchmark, the carriers have to think hard about pricing phones higher than it.
Offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #31 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: WP7
OS: The Best
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,930
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM View Post
Wheres the Kool Aid Kid and his enlightened comments?
Just waiting on my set
Offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #32 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,798
Post Thanks: 33
Thanked 441 Times in 381 Posts
Default

Fanbots rejoice.
Something else you don't need, but you have to have.
I hear that they are already lining up in Cupertino.
Offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #33 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
LunkHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here
Model: 850
OS: 0.0.00001
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Posts: 10,992
Post Thanks: 160
Thanked 158 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM View Post
The fact it is on at&t makes it a nonstarter from the gate.
And now with a 2bg data cap you really can't use the device for anything... Nextflix on the iPhone.... Hahahahha... It's gonna cost you $100 in data charges just to use it...

MLBTV... Better not watch a game a week or your gonna pay...

Pandora... Don't even think about listening for even an hour a day or again you are gonna pay...

If you watch Netflix, MLBTV, You Tube videos, and listen to Pandora, you had better get an armored car to hall your monthly payment to AT$T...

2GB a month is NOTHING if you use any of the above on a daily basis...
Offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
TBOLTRAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Model: 4S
OS: 7.0.4
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 5,214
Post Thanks: 67
Thanked 105 Times in 72 Posts
Default

As I said being on at&t makes the iphone a nonstarter. I still wonder what would happen if it was on Verizon. On the other hand I think Verizon is just a big a bunch of a-holes as Jobs and Associates. I don't think we could stand the smell.
__________________
We will spend our old age surrounded by idiots following government rules.
Offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #35 (permalink)
BBF Spam Killer Moderator
 
daphne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on a sunny beach
Model: Z
OS: 10.2.1.12
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 9,165
Post Thanks: 122
Thanked 146 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
FaceTime is changing it's name. Also, Apple worked with Cisco this time so they could use iOS, since that's a name that Cisco has used for a while.

Apple Avoids iPhone-Like Trademark Battle Thanks To Cisco, FaceTime Deals | mocoNews
That's interesting about FaceTime changing their name. I never really thought it fit their business model very well.
__________________
Report spam text messages to 7726
#BlackBerry by choice #BlacBerry 10 is here!
Offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 02:19 AM   #36 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: WP7
OS: The Best
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,930
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Fanbots rejoice.
Something else you don't need, but you have to have.
I hear that they are already lining up in Cupertino.
Some people may want and need it. Just because you don't, doesn't make them a fanbot.
See, told you I was waiting for my set.
Offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 02:20 AM   #37 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: WP7
OS: The Best
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,930
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
And now with a 2bg data cap you really can't use the device for anything... Nextflix on the iPhone.... Hahahahha... It's gonna cost you $100 in data charges just to use it...

MLBTV... Better not watch a game a week or your gonna pay...

Pandora... Don't even think about listening for even an hour a day or again you are gonna pay...

If you watch Netflix, MLBTV, You Tube videos, and listen to Pandora, you had better get an armored car to hall your monthly payment to AT$T...

2GB a month is NOTHING if you use any of the above on a daily basis...
Unfortunately, we are looking at the future of mobile data pricing. Give it time, they all will be adopting this model soon enough.
Offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #38 (permalink)
New Member
 
neworleans-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Umm, New Orleans!
Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I wouldn't mind having this phone. It will be a nice addition to my 9700
Offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #39 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
LunkHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here
Model: 850
OS: 0.0.00001
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Posts: 10,992
Post Thanks: 160
Thanked 158 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Unfortunately, we are looking at the future of mobile data pricing. Give it time, they all will be adopting this model soon enough.
I don't think other carries will follow suit.. I think it's just another reason why 90% of the US loathes AT$T...
Offline  
Old 06-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #40 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: WP7
OS: The Best
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,930
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
I don't think other carries will follow suit.. I think it's just another reason why 90% of the US loathes AT$T...
Verizon absolutely will, I'm betting before the year is out. Sprint may not right away, because they are hurting for customers, but their continued existence is far from certain. TMO is pretty much in the same boat.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.