10-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Carrier: is Better than BB :)
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Apple Reports Fourth Quarter Results
CUPERTINO, California—October 22, 2007—Apple® today announced financial results for its fiscal 2007 fourth quarter ended September 29, 2007. The Company posted revenue of $6.22 billion and net quarterly profit of $904 million, or $1.01 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $4.84 billion and net quarterly profit of $542 million, or $.62 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 33.6 percent, up from 29.2 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 40 percent of the quarter’s revenue.
Apple shipped 2,164,000 Macintosh® computers, representing 34 percent growth over the year-ago quarter and exceeding the previous quarterly record for Mac® shipments by 400,000. The Company sold 10,200,000 iPods during the quarter, representing 17 percent growth over the year-ago quarter. Quarterly iPhone™ sales were 1,119,000, bringing cumulative fiscal 2007 sales to 1,389,000.
“We are very pleased to have generated over $24 billion in revenue and $3.5 billion in net income in fiscal 2007,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “We’re looking forward to a strong December quarter as we enter the holiday season with Apple’s best products ever.”
“Apple ended the fiscal year with $15.4 billion in cash and no debt,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “Looking ahead to the first quarter of fiscal 2008, we expect revenue of about $9.2 billion and earnings per diluted share of about $1.42.”
• Reiterates that the iPhone is a multiyear exclusive agreement with AT&T
• Direct sales 57% of total company revenue. Up from 53% in year-ago quarter.
• Europe sales did not have typical lull in August.
• Holiday quarter is usually a big quarter for iPods.
• Sales of iPhones accelerated after price drop.
• Confident in shipping 10 million iPhones in Calendar 2008
• Still on target to get iPhone in Asia in Calendar 2008
• Japan continues to be the most challenging major market. iMac was well received.
• Over 40,000 iPod Distribution locations, 8700 Mac Distribution locations
• Apple rep guesses that 250,000 iPhones sold to unlockers
• Apple Working with Salesforce.com
• No updates on Enterprise testing of iPhone.
• Vast majority of Macs in the last 4 years able to run Leopard. ~21 million Macs.
• 15 million were eligible to run Tiger when it launched
• Over 50% of Macs sold in Retail stores were sold to individuals who had never owned a Mac before
• Most successful back to school season they have ever had.
In case anyone was interested.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila." - unknown
Last edited by test54 : 10-23-2007 at 05:03 PM.