Development on linux
Hello to all.
I am begineer in development in blackberry. I am using linux ubuntu. Can i do development in linux ?
Yeah Netbeans can be used on both windows and linux.
I'm just not sure how to setup blackberry dev on liunux, though.
configure on netbeans
Thanks for your reply. I know that netbeans can run but as far as i know blackberry set up is seprate so i am confuse. Can some one reply me ?
your best bet is to use bb-ant. I do all my BlackBerry development using eclipse on a ubuntu box.
I'm not using the eclipse plugin for linux. I set my dev environment in the following way:
1) create a directory with the whole JDE (install it on a windows box and copy it across on linux)
2) Install the Sun WTK (you will need it to run preverify)
3) in your ant script import bb-ant (which you would havepreviously downloaded) and have the correct targets
5) Make sure that, when you run eclipse, you have the bin directory of WTK and the JDE in your path
6) Just build from the ant task
Unfortunately I couldn't get the simulator running on Linux yet, so I just mount the build directory in a directory on a windows virtual box and run it from there
Hope this helps,
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.