01-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Jan 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
| | Ththering Storm (CDMA) with MAC
Please Login to Remove!
Just want to share my experience with the forum. If this is a re-post, please forgive me.
I have saw many posts about how to tether BB smartphone with GSM services in the past. Here is what I have done with CDMA 1XEVDO on Verizon network with Storm (9530).
1. On the phone, turn on the Bluetooth with Listening mode.
2. On MAC, open the Bluetooth Preference, select "Setup New Device".
3. After discovered the Blackberry 9530, click "Next", and it will provide a pairing key code.
4. Enter the key code on Blackberry phone, and make sure check the option box on Accpet screen for future automatic pairing.
5. After successful pairing, on MAC, it will enter the modem dialing setup screen.
6. From that screen, enter the following information:
- Username: <your phone number>@vzw3g.com
- Password: vzw (lower case please)
- Modem: au CDMA 1x
- Dialing string: #777
7. Finishing the setting.
To connect, just click the phone symbol on the menu bar, and select the "Connect....".
From dslreports.com, my test speed is at average of 900KB down and 250K up.