02-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Join Date: Feb 2008
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Solved my 8100 Syncing Issues?
Please Login to Remove!
For the past several months I've been absolutely unable to sync my 8100 using PocketMac, but didn't want to throw down money for the MissingSync. After trying just about everything, I did something simple and now I can Sync my Pearl! Below is a write up.
1. Backup the Blackberry, in Windows, using the Window’s based desktop client. (Just in case something goes wrong)
2. Perform a hard reset on the device (Options >> Security Options >> General Settings >> Menu Key >> Wipe Handheld).
3. After device is wiped, go through setup. Do not set up email accounts. Allow SIM contacts to be copied to the Blackberry device’s memory.
4. Re-send service books
5. Power off the Blackberry.
6. Open PacketMac SyncManager.
7. Connect your Blackberry through USB.
8. Power on Blackberry.
9. Click ‘Sync’ and overwrite contacts/etc as you see fit
10. Disconnect Blackberry; you’re done!
Hope that it helps someone else!