BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
328iGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Canada
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.442
PIN: 21569E16
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Posts: 228
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tethering Bold 9000 to OSX 10.5.6

Please Login to Remove!

Hey

I have seen many posts around, but none that have worked for me yet.

I am trying to tether my Bold to my Macbook Pro.

Has ANYONE got this working?
Offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.190
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Claro Brasil
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iGuy View Post
Hey

I have seen many posts around, but none that have worked for me yet.

I am trying to tether my Bold to my Macbook Pro.

Has ANYONE got this working?

Hi, first of all, you have to check if you are using the bold os 4.6.0.190 or below. Above .190 there is no way to tether.
Next, pair the 2 devices as usual.
In system preferences>network, choose bluetooth and insert your carrier settings. Be sure to choose generic modem in advance settings.
That's all. Simple like that.

Ps. It seens thar you are using .228. Downgrade to .190.

Last edited by brunoassumpcao : 03-03-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
328iGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Canada
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.442
PIN: 21569E16
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Posts: 228
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoassumpcao View Post
Hi, first of all, you have to check if you are using the bold os 4.6.0.190 or below. Above .190 there is no way to tether.
Next, pair the 2 devices as usual.
In system preferences>network, choose bluetooth and insert your carrier settings. Be sure to choose generic modem in advance settings.
That's all. Simple like that.

Ps. It seens thar you are using .228. Downgrade to .190.

Ahh that may be the problem then, I am always updated to the latest OS. I installed .245 last night hoping that would fix my issues.
Offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the same problem.
Offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I use AT&T. I hate to sound like an idiot, but what are my carrier settings?
Offline  
Old 05-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
RogersJoel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BC, Canada
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.301
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 80
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

lol good to know about the version. I was loosing my mind why i couldn't connect!! Tried everything else.
ThAANKS
Offline  
Old 05-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.296
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 2,384
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

A lot of good information including the issue you are experiencing can be found in this Sticky Thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/mac-...-bold-mac.html
__________________
Offline  
Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 9530
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Telus
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've got a question. If i tether my bb and use it as a modem with my laptop, will my carrier charge me for this? or is there a free way to do this?
Offline  
Old 05-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.296
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 2,384
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

There is a good chance that you will get charged. Your chances of being charged increase based on frequency and duration of use.

Some are charged the first time they tether, and others have gone years without being charged at all.

The short answer: there is no 100% "free" way to tether.
__________________
Offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
There is a good chance that you will get charged. Your chances of being charged increase based on frequency and duration of use.

Some are charged the first time they tether, and others have gone years without being charged at all.

The short answer: there is no 100% "free" way to tether.
Problem solved:
ht tp:// forums.crackberry.com/f62/how-mac-tethering-your-problems-solved-260401/
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.