Originally Posted by milesbeverley
I just removed the google sync from my Storm and now Pocketmac is not syncing properly. Basically all my calendar events are still on my Storm (luckily) however pocketmac has now wiped all calendar entries from Entourage! I have tried re-syncing with BB overwrites Mac however this only places one long calendar event (months long) with strange characters in the name (i.e. garbage).
Does anybody have a suggestion for me to try to get my calendar entries back into Entourage and for Pocketmac to properly sync?
What happened is that when you deleted google sync it also most likely deleted the google calendar on your storm and put all of your calendar entries into the Storm's "DEFAULT CALENDAR"
Unfortunately, the default calendar will NOT sync with anything (one of my frustrations with my BB 8320).
Fixing it is somewhat complicated, but this is what I had to do.
- Back up your storm with Desktop Manager
- Go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services and set your default calendar to your e-mail address and and your messaging to the same e-mail address
- Sync your storm with your calendar (hopefully you have a backup on your computer)
- Look at your calendar -- you should have duplicate entries of almost everything, this is OK.
- In the calendar hit the applications key (blackberry key) and go to SELECT CALENDAR and select "default Calendar". This will only show you what's in the default calendar and not the new one you just synced.
- Go to Date 12/31/2035 -- yes 2035. This should take you to the bottom of the calendar -- I usually do this in Agenda View
- Highlight the last date that you have in the calendar and hit the menu key and select DELETE PRIOR ITEMS. This should delete everything in the default calendar.
- Now you should have single entries for most of your calendar items. However, there many still be some duplicates, usually recurring items, and these have to be deleted manually.
That's what I needed to do, and now it seems to be working fine.