BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Unable to connect to Mobile Data Service

Please Login to Remove!

When trying to connect to my browser, I get the error message: "Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your administrator."

I reset the TCP to the following, removed the battery and restarted the computer with no luck:
APN:WAP.CINGULAR
Username: [email address]
Password: CINGULAR1

I'm wondering if having AT&T as the new provider makes a difference. Any ideas for how to get the browser working?
Offline  
Old 06-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejlarson View Post
When trying to connect to my browser, I get the error message: "Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your administrator."

I reset the TCP to the following, removed the battery and restarted the computer with no luck:
APN:WAP.CINGULAR
Username: [email address]
Password: CINGULAR1

I'm wondering if having AT&T as the new provider makes a difference. Any ideas for how to get the browser working?
This is a BES issue. MDS is a BES component.
You should seek assistance from your IT department.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default MDS Issue Resolved

I ran into a similar issue. I am an admin on my BES, and it is in fact a BES issue with the MDS server. My issue (possibly yours) is that a recent java update moved the /bin folder containing the .dll needed to start the MDS service to a newly created folder containing the newest version of java.

The fix was quite simple and I found it by doing a google search for the error I got when I tried to restart the MDS service. I haven't posted 10 times yet, or I would post the link, but do a google search for the following and it should be the first link:

"Error 203: The system could not find the environment option that was entered"

Basically, it just required a quick regedit to the key mentioned in that knowledgebase solution - change the path of the java folder to the most recently installed version (in my case jre6). After that, it was a simple matter of restarting the MDS service and my users were able to browse again.

Don't forget to backup your registry before making any changes.

Hope this helps.

-Jason
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.