BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Mac Users Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/mac-users-corner/)
-   -   BGR Mac DM report (http://www.blackberryforums.com/mac-users-corner/201706-bgr-mac-dm-report.html)

JiveTurkey 08-21-2009 09:57 AM

BGR Mac DM report
 
BGR has done a walkthrough on the Mac DM. It appears the app has had most bugs ironed out. Fun to read! (y)

BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac walkthrough : Boy Genius Report

rambo47 08-21-2009 09:19 PM

I get wood every time I read a bit more about this software. (Too much information?) The only thing I see lacking so far is the ability to update the handheld OS with a version released by another carrier. Right now it's only going to get Sprint versions for Sprint devices, Verizon for Verizon, etc. Still, I'll take it!!

MaxT32 08-23-2009 09:49 AM

My wife asked me what I would like for my b-day this year, and I told her I wanted BB DTM for mac. September 1st come on RIM/Apple dont let me down.

ricpac 08-24-2009 08:07 AM

I'm with the I-can't-wait-for-it crowd!

Helmdawg 08-24-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1456047)
I get wood every time I read a bit more about this software. (Too much information?) The only thing I see lacking so far is the ability to update the handheld OS with a version released by another carrier. Right now it's only going to get Sprint versions for Sprint devices, Verizon for Verizon, etc. Still, I'll take it!!

"I get wood"

hahahahahahaah... That's funny!

BTW - I can't wait for this as well but I will be "woodless" :razz:

Viconi 08-25-2009 04:11 PM

Can't get here soon enough. Anticipating that ATT wont release 5.0 for the Bold first so will have to keep VMware around a little longer.

metrodon 08-28-2009 12:48 PM

what's the betting they release a version that isn't compatible with Snow Leopard?

JiveTurkey 08-28-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metrodon (Post 1460921)
what's the betting they release a version that isn't compatible with Snow Leopard?

RIM can't possibly be that stupid... Can they? If, after waiting 100 years for a Mac DTM, RIM pulls a stunt like that, I am done with Blackberry. But I am sure it is going to be SL compatible. I'm guessing that is why they have held off on releasing it, because by all accounts given by reviewers and beta testers, the Mac DTM has been ready to go for several weeks. RIM will probably run it through SL a little bit then release it soon. (y)

rambo47 08-28-2009 03:21 PM

The code for Snow Leopard isn't so radically different from 10.5 that DM-Mac wouldn't work. It should be good to go.

metrodon 08-29-2009 09:31 AM

This is RIM we are talking about - anything is possible...

Shaun 08-29-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1461059)
The code for Snow Leopard isn't so radically different from 10.5 that DM-Mac wouldn't work. It should be good to go.

Aside from the whole 64 bit thing, which is what's messing with a fair number of 3rd party apps.

I would think that a Mac version is being developed by people that use Macs at least daily, and you can bet they have been running a Dev release of the OS for several weeks. I think it will be fine at release.

JSanders 08-29-2009 04:01 PM

And, I think we are only a few days off from it's official release.

sbbytor 08-31-2009 12:52 PM

Well it's September where's my software?

R-W 09-01-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbbytor (Post 1462623)
Well it's September where's my software?

Ditto! It's 02:00ct where I'm at....and I want to update my os on my mac already!!!:razz:

???can you tell I'm excited???

JiveTurkey 09-01-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1461588)
And, I think we are only a few days off from it's official release.

Please tell me you have a concrete reason to say this (i.e., a tip or inside info) and isn't just a hunch. That would make me so happy! :smile:

My guess always was that Snow Leopard would be released on a Friday, then the Mac DTM would come out the second Tuesday after (September 8 in this case). But that is just a shot in the dark as I can't help but remember this is RIM we are dealing with, so September may be December.

Viconi 09-01-2009 11:13 AM

Have I mentioned how much I am looking forward to this release! September is here, Mac DTM is coming

metrodon 09-01-2009 02:46 PM

is it? is it really?

Lt_Core 09-01-2009 03:51 PM

I'm a new Blackberry Curve user and I'm so tempted to buy The Missing Sync 2.0. I wonder if the new Blackberry DM software will sync with Yojimbo like the Missing Sync says it can.

sbbytor 09-01-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt_Core (Post 1463447)
I'm a new Blackberry Curve user and I'm so tempted to buy The Missing Sync 2.0. I wonder if the new Blackberry DM software will sync with Yojimbo like the Missing Sync says it can.

DON'T BUY IT, IT'S A PIECE OF JUNK.

NOUGH SAID.

WAIT FOR THE SOFTWARE FOR MAC FROM BB. OUT SOON!

RickaG 09-03-2009 08:18 PM

Which BBs will Mac Desktop support?
 
Has anyone heard anything about the minimum device requirements? All I can find is that you need to be running Leopard "or higher." Will my 8703e be supported?

Thanks,
Ricka


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.