02-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Join Date: Feb 2010
Carrier: version 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | How to fix SMS in a single thread problems
Please Login to Remove!
I got a problem with my SMS text messages on my blackberry bold. On another forum I read about a solution for the problem, but it is only for fcking windows. can somebody please help me fix the problem.
please read the message or visit the forum for more info.
supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-BlackBerry-9000/error-SMS-receiver/td-p/440629]error SMS receiver - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
On the 9700 device running OS 126.96.36.1993, many users are reporting that their SMS messages all come under one name in one single thread.
Posted here are instructions for fixing this, many have used this fix and it works.
First, you need to download these items:
A. Download BBSAK 1.7 from this link.
B. DOWNLOAD THIS net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod
Remember the location on your PC where you saved this file.
Then, follow these steps:
1. Start BBSAK. If your device has a password, input the password , if not just click OK.
2. Click Read System
3. Sort by name if you want and locate "net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod"
4. Highlight "net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod" and click Remove Cod.
5. Your device reboots.
6. Click Install COD and pick the "net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod" that you download.
7. Device Reboots and you're ready to go.