PocketMac for Blackberry is a pathetic excuse for software, IMO. I'm having similar problems when trying to sync my 8700c with Daylite3 using PocketMac 3.13 on Mac OS 10.4.6.
Here's what I mean:
- I add a contact to my Blackberry with the goal of seeing it transferred correctly to Daylite.
- I clear out my sync logs on the Mac (whatever that means) using PocketMac's SyncClean utility. They recommended using this tool before syncing to avoid any unexpected results.
- I sync my Blackberry using PocketMac.
- I get a series of popups saying that various contacts have been "deleted" from my Mac and I'm given the option to "restore" them. In fact these are new contacts, so why am I even being asked this confusing question? The contact I'm testing does no appear in the series of confusing popup confirmations.
- After the sync completes, my test contact is nowhere to be found in Daylite.
So I try again:
- I don't bother clearing out my sync logs, because I haven't changed any data on my Mac or Blackberry since the last sync 5 minutes ago.
- I sync the two devices and get even MORE confirmations about contacts that have been "deleted" from Daylite, but in fact never existed there. Why are these contacts being transferred the 2nd time around, but not the first?
- The contact that I've added does appear in the barrage of popup confirmations.
- After the sync completes, I look in Daylite. My test contact's is in Daylite. However, only the first and last name appear. None of the phone numbers or address information associated with this contact has carried over from my Blackberry to Daylite.
Now I'm pissed. I try syncing one last time:
- More new contacts and tasks on my Blackberry are prompting confirmations for a "restore" on my Mac. I still haven't added any new contacts since Sync 1.
- After the sync is complete, my test contact STILL only has First and Last name info, none of the phone numbers or address data appears.
I emailed PocketMac support about this and other ridiculous issues. Most of the time, I get back a canned response that doesn't come close to addressing the problem.
A support tech named "Steve" answered one of my messages and promised that a problem with task dates not carrying over to either device would be fixed in the PocketMac for Blackberry 4.0 release:
Subject: [#MZQ-419929]: Due dates aren't carried over for tasks on sync
Date: June 16, 2006 5:03:14 AM EDT
This will be corrected in the 4.0 release. We expect this to be available in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
I will let you know when it is available.
You can reply to/view the status of your ticket at any time by visiting
In the login window, enter the email address you used to enter your ticket. Use the password that the system sent back to you in the email. Now, you can see all tickets you have been working on with us. Just click on the ticket you want to work on, and enter your reply in the screen.
Ticket Details Ticket ID: MZQ-419929
Well, it's been three weeks and I'm still waiting to hear when this and other problems will be fixed.
Why doesn't PocketMac just charge us $20 for something that actually works, rather than giving us something that screws up our data for free?