BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
ibrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: earth
Model: 0000
Carrier: T-Mo
Posts: 375
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Issues with Mark/Space's MissingSync

Please Login to Remove!

I have had a nice conversation with Mark/Space's MissingSync guy in a different thread, but I thought that by starting a new thread just for/about the MissingSync we can stay more focused on this app. (in its beta version).
Anyhow, I am having troubles syncing my Pearl with MissingSync. In that other thread I have given the log (click here!) with the issues.
Please help. BlaineW?....anyone?...
__________________
Apple hat heute das iPhone vorgestellt, das drei Produkte in einem kleinen und leichten Handheld-Gerät vereint: ein revolutionäres Mobiltelefon!

Last edited by ibrg : 03-21-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Offline  
Old 03-24-2007, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
ibrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: earth
Model: 0000
Carrier: T-Mo
Posts: 375
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Question.
Now that the Missing Sync is working well for me, I have a question regarding syncing music and photos: How do I do that? I keep getting an error message that resembles this one:

Plugin Music starting
The Music plugin will be skipped. The device must support external memory cards, and the card must be mounted, to sync music.
Plugin Music success
Synchronization completed at 3/24/07 7:58 PM.
Starting sync at 3/24/07 8:01 PM...
Plugin Music starting
The Music plugin will be skipped. The device must support external memory cards, and the card must be mounted, to sync music.
Plugin Music success
Synchronization completed at 3/24/07 8:01 PM.


Thanks in advance.
__________________
Apple hat heute das iPhone vorgestellt, das drei Produkte in einem kleinen und leichten Handheld-Gerät vereint: ein revolutionäres Mobiltelefon!
Offline  
Old 03-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 88
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrg
Question.
Now that the Missing Sync is working well for me, I have a question regarding syncing music and photos: How do I do that? I keep getting an error message that resembles this one:

Plugin Music starting
The Music plugin will be skipped. The device must support external memory cards, and the card must be mounted, to sync music.
Plugin Music success
Synchronization completed at 3/24/07 7:58 PM.
Starting sync at 3/24/07 8:01 PM...
Plugin Music starting
The Music plugin will be skipped. The device must support external memory cards, and the card must be mounted, to sync music.
Plugin Music success
Synchronization completed at 3/24/07 8:01 PM.


Thanks in advance.

That means that the mac hasn't mounted your external memory card. If you have an SD Micro card in your phone, you may need to try plugging unplugging your phone a couple times, or reboot your mac and pull the battery reboot your phone.

if you don't have a media card (it's a separate purchase) you need one to use the music features.
Offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
ibrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: earth
Model: 0000
Carrier: T-Mo
Posts: 375
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_kitty
That means that the mac hasn't mounted your external memory card. If you have an SD Micro card in your phone, you may need to try plugging unplugging your phone a couple times, or reboot your mac and pull the battery reboot your phone.

if you don't have a media card (it's a separate purchase) you need one to use the music features.
Thanks.
I have an SD Micro Card. I'll try the battery trick...
__________________
Apple hat heute das iPhone vorgestellt, das drei Produkte in einem kleinen und leichten Handheld-Gerät vereint: ein revolutionäres Mobiltelefon!
Offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 04:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
zentient's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Model: 8800g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 28
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

On the 8800, every time I plug it in, it asks me if I want to use it as a mass media storage device (or words to that effect). I *think* this happened on the 8100 I had as well, but I'm not sure. There may be a setting for this somewhere in the options as well, so check there.

FWIW, take the MissingSync survey and let them know what you want in the next Mac Blackberry sync product:
>Survey Here<

IMHO, two crucial gaps exist: the ability to do BB OS upgrading and to sync password with SplashID.
__________________
this too shall pass
Offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
ibrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: earth
Model: 0000
Carrier: T-Mo
Posts: 375
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentient
On the 8800, every time I plug it in, it asks me if I want to use it as a mass media storage device (or words to that effect). I *think* this happened on the 8100 I had as well, but I'm not sure. There may be a setting for this somewhere in the options as well, so check there.
If the issue is "mass media storage" then I can manually do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentient
FWIW, take the MissingSync survey and let them know what you want in the next Mac Blackberry sync product:
>Survey Here<

IMHO, two crucial gaps exist: the ability to do BB OS upgrading and to sync password with SplashID.
Thanks. Just took the survey and highlighted the "ability to do BB OS updates.
__________________
Apple hat heute das iPhone vorgestellt, das drei Produkte in einem kleinen und leichten Handheld-Gerät vereint: ein revolutionäres Mobiltelefon!
Offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: dc
Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You may be able to resolve the issue by performing the following:
Menu>Options>advanced options>media card:
Set Media card support=ON
Set Mass Storage Mode Support=On
Set Auto Enable Mass Storage When Connected = Yes

This should help the MAC mount the drive automatically (at least on the pearl it does)
Offline  
Old 04-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
iHemiola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 16
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentient
IMHO, two crucial gaps exist: the ability to do BB OS upgrading and to sync password with SplashID.
You like splashID better than Mac Keychain, eh?

Or, is Keychain Access impossible to export to an external device?

Rob
__________________
BB: at&t Pearl
Mac OS X 10.4.9
Offline  
Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Model: 8800
Carrier: Evil Mr. Rogers
Posts: 206
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHemiola
You like splashID better than Mac Keychain, eh?

Or, is Keychain Access impossible to export to an external device?

Rob
keychain might present some concerns. i prefer if they teamed up with 1passwd.
Offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
chad5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 8703
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 73
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I will never buy a product from markspace again. never. I purchased there crap sync for the sidekick. It never worked, then they abandoned the product and offered no refund in under a year. You millage may vary but when the going gets tough missing sucks bails.
Offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Model: 8800
Carrier: Evil Mr. Rogers
Posts: 206
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad5 View Post
I will never buy a product from markspace again. never. I purchased there crap sync for the sidekick. It never worked, then they abandoned the product and offered no refund in under a year. You millage may vary but when the going gets tough missing sucks bails.
since you are using a blackberry now i've noticed they have crossgrading prices, have you tried that?
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.