Below is from the closed "Media Types" thread stickied at the top of this forum.
Regarding the video section, below...I'm not very up-to-speed on codecs, etc.
To "translate" the info below to consumer-speak, does it basically mean that most
MPG, AVI, and DIVX videos should play on the Pearl? Or is the H.263 requirement mean that few of the videos floating around (i.e., your co-worker emails you a funny video) won't play, 'cause the BB is looking for a specific type of encoding that isn't very common?
I've done some googling on this, but didn't find anything that really cleared this up for me.
The following Video formats are supported:
* MPEG-4 Part 2 - Simple Profile + bvops (including DivX files in this format)
* H.263 Profile 0 and Profile 3
The following Video file extensions are also supported:
* .avi containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
* .mov containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
* .3gp containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
* .mp4 containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
* .m4v containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
* .mpg containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263