Separate tone for certain emails received
Does anybody know how to set a diffent tone for a certain email address please?
Basically, I want to have my device on silent or vibrate mode, but would like a sound alert when receiving an email from a certain address.
I have a Blackberry Curve.
Set a filter to flag those particular messages as 'Level 1'.
Then assign a different alert tone for Level 1 messages.
Sorry, how do you do that? I'm a Blackberry novice!
As a novice, you might want to check out the FAQ section, or even use Google to search for 'BlackBerry Level 1' or something similar.
I'm sure there's some how-to guides out there somewhere.
It may depend on what version of the OS you're using, but I can tell you how with OS 5:
1. From the home page click on the "SOUNDS" icon
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the "Select a Sound Profile" pop-up dialog and click on "Set Contact Alerts"
3. At the top of the next dialog, click on "Add Contact Alert"
4. Press the BlackBerry button (the one with the BlackBerry dots) and select "Add Name"
5. This will bring up your contact list and then just select the contact you want a custom tone for and click on it. This will add that contact to the "Contact Names" field for you.
6. Then you can click on either "Phone" or "Message" and set a custom tone there.
7. When you've selected and set your tone(s), then hit the Return button or Back button on your BlackBerry and select "Save"
Now when that contact sends email or calls (depending on what you setup) it will use that custom setting instead of the default setting.
Mine is OS 4, which does not have a sounds icon on the home page.
I tried doing this in profiles, advanced, new exception - but this did not work.
OK - you can still do this with OS 4. I have a Pearl running 4.5 and here are the steps:
1. Click on the Profile icon on the home page
2. Click on "Advanced"
3. Press the BlackBerry button and select "New Profile" and create a profile for the person you want a special tone for and set the . I used to name the profile with their name.
4. Set all the different setting (calendar, Messages, Phone, etc.) for the tones you want to use for this person.
5. Click the BlackBerry button again and SAVE your profile - this should take you back to the list of sound profiles.
6. Click the BlackBerry button again and this time select "New Exception"
7. Give the Exception a name (again, you can use the person's name or whatever you like here)
8. Scroll down to the "From:" field and press the BlackBerry Button
9. Select "Add Name" from the pop-up dialog
10. Select the contact you want to apply this special profile to and press the trackball to select. Their name should now show in the "From:" field
11. Scroll down to "Use Profile" and click the trackball. This will display all the sound profiles you have.
12. Scroll down to the new profile you just created and click the trackball to select it.
If you want a custom phone tune for this person, check the "Custom Phone Tune" box and then scroll to the tune showing on the right. Click the trackball when you're on it and it will show you all your ringtones to select from.
When you're all set, click the BlackBerry button again, select "SAVE" and you should be all set.
Again, this is using OS 4.5 so if you have something earlier than that, I don't know if this will all work for you.
Hope that helps!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.