BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Media Center (http://www.blackberryforums.com/media-center/)
-   -   Disappearing songs (http://www.blackberryforums.com/media-center/261603-disappearing-songs.html)

Visagied 09-20-2012 08:28 AM

Disappearing songs
 
Hey, I decided to add a new folder in my memory card to move some MP3's into it. I then connected my phone to my PC using the data cable, then when I disconnected the phone from the pc.. The files that were in the folder were GONE. It just disappeared!! Where did they go and how can I get them back!?
I'm using a BB 8320
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

daphne 09-20-2012 11:42 AM

Re: Disappearing songs
 
Are you looking for the songs using the media player, or are you looking for them by using the file explorer?

Visagied 09-20-2012 11:45 AM

Re: Disappearing songs
 
Both. The songs aren't on the media player or at the file explorer.. The folder disappeared
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Visagied 09-20-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1788104)
Are you looking for the songs using the media player, or are you looking for them by using the file explorer?

Both. The songs aren't on the media player, and the folder also disappeared along with the songs at the file explorer
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

daphne 09-20-2012 11:49 AM

Re: Disappearing songs
 
First I would check that you didn't accidently make the folder hidden.

Seems like I remember putting songs into folders doesn't work in the media player. I would connect to your PC again and I'll bet the songs are still there. It might be you cannot use folders - you can try searching the forum because I know there are some old topics on this.

Visagied 09-20-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1788110)
First I would check that you didn't accidently make the folder hidden.
Thank you! It seems like the folder was hidden.. But can you help me with something else?
Seems like I remember putting songs into folders doesn't work in the media player. I would connect to your PC again and I'll bet the songs are still there. It might be you cannot use folders - you can try searching the forum because I know there are some old topics on this.

Thank you! It seems like the folder was hidden. I'm new to Blackberry so I'm still a little clueless! Thanks again, but I was wondering if you can help me with something else?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

daphne 09-20-2012 12:02 PM

Re: Disappearing songs
 
If I know the answer, I will try to help...

Visagied 09-20-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1788114)
If I know the answer, I will try to help...

So I've been trying download new songs on my phone via the phone's browser, aswell as my PC (by copying). In both cases, I get a message saying "directory full".. Even though I still have 1gb of free space on my media card. Do you perhaps know what that mean and what I can do to fix it?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

daphne 09-20-2012 12:15 PM

Re: Disappearing songs
 
Are you trying to move a group of songs together? Or one song at the time? Songs are not usually close to 1GB. You might check the size of the files you are trying to move. I think the media card has to have some free space - I don't think it will let you fill it to full capacity.

Visagied 09-20-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1788122)
Are you trying to move a group of songs together? Or one song at the time? Songs are not usually close to 1GB. You might check the size of the files you are trying to move. I think the media card has to have some free space - I don't think it will let you fill it to full capacity.

No, before the songs are even downloading, I get the "directory full" message. The songs are barely 10mb..so it can't be that I don't have free space anymore.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

daphne 09-20-2012 12:29 PM

Re: Disappearing songs
 
There is a limit on the size of files you can download via the browser I think. But it seems like you should be able to move a 9-10 mb file from your PC to the card. I don't know why it would give you the error message in that case.

What does it say for the memory card when you go to Options > Device > Storage? Post the Total Space and Free Space numbers.

Visagied 09-20-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1788124)
There is a limit on the size of files you can download via the browser I think. But it seems like you should be able to move a 9-10 mb file from your PC to the card. I don't know why it would give you the error message in that case.

What does it say for the memory card when you go to Options > Device > Storage? Post the Total Space and Free Space numbers.

Memory card- 1.8 GB
Total Free- 66% 1.1 GB
Total Used- 34% 657.7 MB
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

daphne 09-20-2012 08:40 PM

Re: Disappearing songs
 
Hmm... I don't know in that case what might be wrong except I don't think you can download 10 mb files through the browser. It seems like you should be able to drag and drop on your PC to the media card via USB with Windows Explorer or using Desktop Manager.

Which method are you using to move songs from PC to media card? If you are using Desktop Manager sync, you might try the other way and vice versa.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.