Here's your problem! You are overthinking it! I've supervised over 40 Blackberry 6 leak installs on 9700, 9650, 9300, 9330, 9100.
All you do is start with any copy of 5 and all the apps you normally use. And any further leaks will upgrade on top of your 418, that this procedure should fix for you (keep in mind - further upgrades are simple - install to PC. Delete Vendor.xml. Launch Loader.exe. That's it!)
Email a copy of all this to yourself, first! Then do the following - in exact order! No deviations!
1. Because you've messed around, just go to add/remove programs and Uninstall OS 6 from the PC - then do a PC Reboot
2. I assume you still have that clean backup from before the upgrade attempt - so you will be restoring OS 5 first, and then restoring that backup
3. So - open DM 6. Click on "Device" top left. Then Update my device. A window will pop up saying No Updates available. Regardless, on the bottom left - click on "View other Versions" button. And your latest OS 5 install should be there. Check it. Install that with the apps you want to use on 6. OS 5 apps work fine (almost every one I've tried works). Just don't take any themes with you!!
4. Restore your original backup - make sure everything is working fine. Then make sure to unplug BB.
5. Double click on the original OS 220.127.116.118 install file. When it's done installing - Go to Program Files, Common Files, Research in Motion, Apploader - Folder.
6. Make sure that DM is Closed! Then Delete Vendor.xml file (And if you have Vista or Win7 open Compatibility Files and Delete Vendor.xml there too ... )
7. Run Loader.exe from that exact same folder and plug BB in again. Select the apps you want to migrate to OS 6 - select Social Feeds if you want that too (listed under Phone). This version is much better than the previous 3 leaks I've played with. You will need a good memory booster (I recommend Power Mem @ app world $4) it should take about 20min for the upgrade.
The current configuration and preferences that you used in 5 will all transfer to 6. You won't be restoring any backups. It's not needed. Loader.exe (Ver 6 comes with the 418 package) is smart enough to totally migrate old options and preferences, personal data, messages, etc. BBM contact lists are transfered flawlessly (BBM messages will not be kept - unless you have been keeping them on your media card - but, during the upgrade, old conversations are lost - you can always cut and paste and save them as memos)
Installing this way should give you full browser usage. The ONLY time any of those I've helped, have had browser problems, was when their carriers weren't gearing up for BB 6 yet. Since you are on AT+T, this won't be an issue.
That's it. If you have further problems or questions - PM me. I've got an OS 6 support BBM group - you are welcome to join
. We've found a lot of shortcuts and simple workarounds for a missing cursor in BBM and some applications. We affctionately call it the "Ghost Cursor". The webkit browser has a cool "Pinch to Zoom feature too. (Hold alt and scroll up or down then release alt) Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile