This item has been shown -1 times.
This sale is for one MSA Altair 4X Multi-Gas Detector
One of the most reliable and sought-after gas detectors on the market.
The units have four sensors: O2, H2S, CO and LEL.
Used gas detectors, good condition. Show normal wear: light screen scratches, small rubber abrasions, sharpie marks, but nothing major. Inspected by certified professional, work great, alarms are set to default US manufacturer settings. Battery holds good charge, alligator clip is tight, sensors show plenty of life during calibration. Comes with manual, quick start guide and neck strap.
Will calibrate for 180 days prior to shipping andfill upcalibration sticker.
Free USPS Priority Mail shipping within US. International buyers are welcome, will ship through E-Bay Global Shipping Program. AU and Canada buyers allow up to two weeks for delivery.
Useful Info and Tips for Gas Detector buyers
1. When you buy used gas detectors, you are saving a lot of money. Gas detectors are expensive and prices keep going up. Besides that gas detectors require maintenance, calibration and sensors replacement.
2. Sensors degrade with age, regardless if the unit was in use or not. They cost $100-$500 each, depends on brand and model. Oxygen sensor degrades much faster than all others.
3. When some sellers state that unit “works fine”, they often mean that it powers up, has sound and pump draws an air. But it doesn’t mean that all sensors are working. That may double the price you pay for the unit.
4. Ask seller to disclose if all sensors work properly and when the unit was serviced last time. Ask seller to post a picture showing screen with actual readings. Be skeptical if sellers avoid answering these questions.
5. Be skeptical if seller posted stock photo from manufacturer website, not actual unit he is selling. Be skeptical if seller’s description of the unit is very vague and include words like “seems to work fine”, “the unit lights up or beeps…“
6. Beware that gas detectors coming from other countries very often have different default alarm setting.