This item has been shown 84 times.
This sale is for MSA Altair 5 Multi-Gas Detector. One of the most reliable and long lasting Multi Gas Detector on the market.
Eachunit has four sensors: O2, H2S, CO andLEL(combustible).
Used gas detector in very good condition. Minimal wear, mechanically flawless, clean in and out, works great. Inspected by certified professional.
Comes with everything shown on a picture (charger, 10 feet of generic airline with waterstop filter and manual).
Will calibrate for 180 days prior to shipping and fill up calibration sticker.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Free USPS Priority Mail shipping within US. International buyers are welcome, will ship through E-Bay Global Shipping Program. AU and Canada buyers allow up to two weeks for delivery. For New York residents 8.875% sales tax will be automatically added to the selling price.
Useful Info and Tips for Gas Detector buyers
1. When you buy used gas detectors, you are saving a lot of money. Gas detectors are expensive and prices keep going up. Besides that gas detectors require maintenance, calibration and sensors replacement.
2. Sensors degrade with age, regardless if the unit was in use or not. They cost $100-$500 each, depends on brand and model. Oxygen sensor degrades much faster than all others.
3. When some sellers state that unit “works fine”, they often mean that it powers up, has sound and pump draws an air. But it doesn’t mean that all sensors are working. That may double the price you pay for the unit.
4. Ask seller to disclose if all sensors work properly and when the unit was serviced last time. Ask seller to post a picture showing screen with actual readings. Be skeptical if sellers avoid answering these questions.
5. Be skeptical if seller posted stock photo from manufacturer website, not actual unit he is selling. Be skeptical if seller’s description of the unit is very vague and include words like “seems to work fine”, “the unit lights up or beeps…“