This item has been shown 187 times.
This sale is for one MSA Altair 4 Multi-Gas Detector. One of the most reliable and sought-after gas detector on the market.
The units have four sensors: O2, H2S, CO and LEL.
Good condition, minimal wear, clean in and out,inspected by certified professional, works great. Screens may have light surface scratches. New 2017 oxygen sensor. Will calibrate prior to shipping andfill upcalibration sticker.
Each comes with operation manual and charger.
Shipping is free within US USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Check my other listings for gas detectors. Ask for multiple purchase discount. For New York residents 8.875% sales tax will be automatically added to the selling price. This is a quantity listings, the item you receive may have different style of calibration sticker and cosmetic condition.
INTERNATIONAL buyers ARE WELCOME, WILL SHIP THRU E-BAY GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM. AUAND CANADA BUYERS,ALLOW UPTO TWO WEEKS FOR DELIVERY.
Useful Info and Tips for Gas Detector buyers
1. When you buy used gas detectors, you are saving a lot of money. Gas detectors are expensive and prices keep going up. Besides that gas detectors require maintenance, calibration and sensors replacement.
2. Sensors degrade with age, regardless if the unit was in use or not. They cost $100-$500 each, depends on brand and model. Oxygen sensor degrades much faster than all others.
3. When some sellers state that unit “works fine”, they often mean that it powers up, has sound and pump draws an air. But it doesn’t mean that all sensors are working. That may double the price you pay for the unit.
4. Ask seller to disclose if all sensors work properly and when the unit was serviced last time. Ask seller to post a picture showing screen with actual readings. Be skeptical if sellers avoid answering these questions.
5. Be skeptical if seller posted stock photo from manufacturer website, not actual unit he is selling. Be skeptical if seller’s description of the unit is very vague and include words like “seems to work fine”, “the unit lights up or beeps” or “last time I checked it everything was ok …“