SET/LOT 2x GOLD 6" WAFERS: MICROMODULE SYSTEMS GEMINI CPU OLD VINTAGE IC DEC MCM For Sale
This item has been shown 364 times.
SET/LOT 2x GOLD 6" WAFERS: MICROMODULE SYSTEMS GEMINI CPU OLD VINTAGE IC DEC MCM:
Hard-to-find, Collectible, and Vintage Integrated Circuits
Old technology from the 1960s-1980s is now extremely rare!
Most of these historic items have already been melted for gold extraction.
Preserve this piece of unique computer history for future generations.
We have a very limited quantity available...
once they're gone- they're gone forever!
Buy this rare item today for the best market prices!
Prices tend to be higher when fewer items are offered for sale in the market.
Like most collectibles; Older and less common vintage items tend to fetch higher prices.
What might these pieces of history be worth in 20, 30 or even 50 years!?
ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR SALE AT style="font-size: medium; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: normal; text-align: start;">Manufacturer:MicroModule SystemsModel #:Gemini Production 6" Wafers
(PAIR of 2x patterns)Description:You are purchasing a pair of production wafers that were used to make the infamousGemini CPU from MicroModule Systems. The Gemini CPUs were manufactured in the early to mid 1990s using extensions of IBM's patented MCM technology. The company has a very unique story (see below), of which the Gemini was the company's most critical product.
These wafers are believed to be used in the production of the Gemini CPU. Each of the two patterns are used for different purposes.There is a seller in Hong Kong that is asking over $3,000 FOR JUST ONE OF THESE WAFERS!I BELIEVETHESE ARE GOLD & ALUMINUM WAFERS
Any additional information on this item is appreciate!
More FROM CPU style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 12px; font-family: "Lucida Sans Unicode", arial, tahoma, sans-serif; text-align: start;">MicroModule Systems (MMS) began operations in 1992, following the completion of an agreement to acquire the assets and license rights to the technology of Digital Equipment Corporation’s MCM (Multi-chip Module) engineering and manufacturing business in Cupertino, California.The MicroModule Systems vision was to lead the next wave of electronic integration technology. Previous waves have been: discrete components (1950s), integrated circuits (1960s), large-scale integration (1980s), and system on a chip (mid 1990s).
The MMS Gemini was a module, that includes the National Semiconductor chipset die (x2) , a P54CSLM Pentium die, tag RAM, and cache RAM (128Kx2) as well as an LM75A temperature sensor for thermal management. MMS used Intel D0 revision P54 processors (with theexceptionof some early C0 die), a stepping Intel never packaged themselves (it wassolelyused for the ‘known good die’ program). When Intel discontinued selling fully tested dies, MMS had no way to build the Gemini and later MMX modules, so in 1998 went out of business. The Gemini was used in many mobile, and rugged PC applications such as the Motorola MW520 Computer used in many police cars.
MMS also produced MCM modules for ROSS, used to make the HyperSPARC processor as well as the Intel Pentium Pro 1MB MCM. For a company that was only inexistencefor 6 years, their impact was tremendous. MMS was not alone in their production of Intel Pentium Processor modules…
Fujitsu also made modules using Intel dies. These were again used in rugged PC applications, laptops, and industrial computers.
Condition: OLD STOCK (NOS)XGOOD CONDITION, MINIMAL WEAR
*PLEASE EXPECT SMALL SCRATCHES ON EACH PLATE:
THESE DISCS BEAUTIFUL BUT ARE NOT FLAWLESS
POOR CONDITION, MODERATE FLAWS
DAMAGED, MAJOR FLAWSWANT TO BUY THIS LOT WITH THE ORIGINAL GEMINI CPU?
WE HAVE JUST ONE LOT AVAILABLE, HERE!
Terms and Conditions
Testing & Warranty:
- Although our products have been properly stored over the years, our vintage items are not warrantied.
- Returns are not accepted. Please ensure compatibility before purchasing.
- This item is not tested and sold as-is, for collector purposes only.
- If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to style="text-align: left;">We spare no expense for your package!
- All items are carefully and professionally packaged to ensure successful delivery.
- Delivery address must match the buyer's confirmed PayPal address.
- We ship vintage chips worldwide! Local pickup is not style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: normal; font-size: medium;">
- PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted.
- As per policy, payments are required within 4 business days from the date of an sale's end.
- Colorado residents must pay appropriate sales taxes (automatically calculated).
- Our unique and technical items are targeted to collectors,and people with advanced computer hardware skills.
- We are a small business and cannot offer parts exchanges or returns on vintage items.
- Our cosmetic condition scaleis an opinion based on our professional perceptions and may differ from your opinion.
- Please refer to all photos before offerding - They're worth a thousand words.