BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   OS: 9000 Bold 4.6.0.477/4.6.0.282(English + East Asian)ATT 3G/2G NETWORK CHOICE (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=194263)

kirrinjones 06-19-2009 03:06 PM

Ok, I've caved, one more upgrade before the 5.0 series. I have just finish downloading and I'm now installing the software to my laptop.

6502programmer 06-19-2009 03:10 PM

Everything seems groovy so far. The messenger EULA was weird. After deleting the LbsConfig service book, BB Maps showed up fine on my device. Slacker lost all my cached stations, so now I need to re-download them. :cry: PodTrapper, on the other hand, kept its settings. Google Maps, in typical form, lost its favorites. Facebook works just dandy. Everything else looks normal. Hopefully, my batter will do a little better with this than it did with 266.

jimfraser 06-19-2009 03:17 PM

Finally completed the inialization process.
No complications on installation. Memory use may be slightly better, but may be just the fact that I have just completed the installation of a new OS.
3G signal strength seems similar at -110,to .266. Was hoping for an improvement.
Still too early for full evaluation.

fonejunkie 06-19-2009 03:45 PM

Wow, I forgot what a pain it is to setup all of the apps / activation codes / configurations... but the deed is done. This time, for some reason, my profiles, ringtones, memos and calendar entries were missing following the upgrade. I resynched with Outlook and the memos and calendar entries came back. The ringtones were there, but I had to manually associate them with the address book entries... and I had to recreate the one special profile that I had set up for my office (pager setup)...

I don't know if the missing profile was caused by the upgrade (or by doing the upgrade), but none of it was major - except the pain of doing it all.

This OS seems to have given me another 125-150k of available memory - the amount is irrelevent, as it is directly tied to the number of apps / stuff you have loaded, YMMV - but what matters is the net change.

It also seems to be a bit snappier. I also just noticed that on the Bold, removing the voice dialing doesn't disable the Options/About screen. Nice.

I have upgraded, and I am happy.

kirrinjones 06-19-2009 05:06 PM

Wirelessly posted

Installed, all apps work, and I reactivated on my BES all in under 1 hour.

Will monitor it now for performance, battery life and memory management.

Rizzo 06-19-2009 05:28 PM

Installing now....hoping for a little better battery life from .266. I am hoping that 5.0 comes out soon and this is the last 4.6 that I have to install.

Klotar 06-19-2009 06:41 PM

Installing now also.

idian 06-19-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirrinjones (Post 1410252)
Wirelessly posted

Installed, all apps work, and I reactivated on my BES all in under 1 hour.

Will monitor it now for performance, battery life and memory management.

How did you get your BES to reactivate so fast ?
Mine usually takes about half a day.

CoDudette 06-20-2009 01:34 AM

yippee yay i read this in the morning when i woke up, i love you guys! :)

downloading now!!

jtsunami09876 06-20-2009 02:47 AM

why is it such a pain for you guys to do a new OS install? It takes me 5 minutes to get my BB setup after I get the new OS on it. Just sync all stuff with outlook and then resend service books. Change some ringtones and hide some icons, what is the big deal?

Unless your treating your BB like a iPhone clogging it up with pointless apps, I see no reason for it to be a pain.

Also I want to note .210 is probably the most snappiest build I have ever tried, it is not posted many places, but the menus are fast as **** on it for some reason.

[IFC]Area51 06-20-2009 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonejunkie (Post 1410165)
I also just noticed that on the Bold, removing the voice dialing doesn't disable the Options/About screen. Nice.

I have upgraded, and I am happy.

Holy Snap, i just noticed this and this is the first OS that allows this.

davistld01 06-20-2009 07:14 AM

After frying my Bold a couple of weeks ago while attempting to load 5.0.0.93...I had decided to hang with .266 until the "official" 5.0 came down the pike. But, like most of us, I got bored and was hoping for another 4.6 version to shake things up a little and give us an "upgrade-fix" to help the wait...so I'm stoked with .282...:smile:

Smooth install start to finish yesterday evening...no glitches at all. Probably the fastest process I've had yet. Things seem a little faster and smoother (but it always does after fresh install)...I'm at 40mb free space after battery pull and an overnight "settling"...and I'm going to set the phone to EDGE instead of 3G today for work and see how it handles calls, and see it the battery life is radically improved...

Anybody having WiFi issues?

Rhyalus 06-20-2009 07:18 AM

Wirelessly posted

How is the boot up time. I swear if that alone was improved I would go through another upgrade!

BES activation for me take very little time - I just have to wait for our hosted service to open it up.

The Crunch 06-20-2009 07:29 AM

works grreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaatttttt for me! Can now srelect 2G and 3G! :D:D:D

fonejunkie 06-20-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [IFC]Area51 (Post 1410551)
Holy Snap, i just noticed this and this is the first OS that allows this.

I am sure that .266 didn't disable the About screen when voice dialing was removed... but either way, this is good...

fonejunkie 06-20-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Crunch (Post 1410593)

Where is that option?

JSanders 06-20-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonejunkie (Post 1410626)
Where is that option?

Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options.

jbc247 06-20-2009 10:29 AM

Wirelessly posted (8310)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Crunch

I can confirm this. I am using an AT&T branded, locked Bold and now I can select 2G & 3G or 2G. I am happy to see this option without having to debrand.

MidnightDraven 06-20-2009 10:34 AM

Now that's amazing! I wonder how it worked? As I and I guess everyone who knows about it thought it was not OS specific and was locked into the hardware?

Sopranosv 06-20-2009 11:09 AM

Hi to All...just wondering:

1- Any WiFi issues???
2- Any multilanguage option??? I need English and Spanish spell check