BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   US Z10 release (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=263723)

shootsscores 03-29-2013 03:28 PM

Re: US Z10 release

Man, I can't believe it but it appears like you are still miffed by the now departed founders of RIM. It's not RIM anymore. Time to turn the page, don't you think?

That said, one of them saw the potential in QNX. BB has a 1.0 OS and it is quite something. If you have the means, I suggest you pick one up.

shootsscores 03-29-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1801378)
No, you're digging holes and spouting nonsense.

Such sweetness. :smile:

Digging my QNX powered devices. (y)

NJBlackBerry 03-29-2013 03:46 PM

I got one at the launch. January 30th. In New York.

Been trying to use it ever since, but it simply isn't ready for me. I am giving up too many things that I like and need and there is no reason to trade down.

Coming from a 9650 I can understand how it would be beloved, but I moved on last year. It is a very nice phone, but it isn't revolutionary. It's a phone.

shootsscores 03-29-2013 04:00 PM

What's missing for you? Skype? Netflix?

Even you have to admit that there is no other phone on the market that could accomplish my multitasking last night. I was checking weather forecasts at the same time. Quite a remarkable OS.

Perhaps because I've been using my PlayBook so much I've learned to exploit the OS to a greater degree than many. Multitasking isn't something that comes immediately as we're all indoctrinated with the old in/out paradigm. It comes over time.

NJBlackBerry 03-29-2013 04:35 PM

Yes, you have mentioned over and over that it is a remarkable OS.

No SkyDrive or Lync. Important to me.
No ability to change the font on HTML e-mails, rendering them unreadable.
No shortcuts within the hub for Next, Prior and next Unread message, which results in excessive gestures.
A very poor smart dialing implementation.
A pathetic dismembering of profiles.

I see that you truly appreciate the remarkable OS.

To me, it is incomplete.

tsac 07-21-2013 06:34 PM

So far very few Apps that work on the older BB's. Also does not seem to be much developer interest in building updates to work on the Z and Q.
The camera control is semi-useless. focus is a problem.
The profile control is as NJ said pathetic.
Very slow to respond to "End Call" especially when the wrong number is selected from a fat finger.
Speaker phone volume poor, Ringer cannot be heard unless the phone is inserted upside down so the speaker is up and allows the sound to come out. If inserted right side up the speaker is blocked by the standard BB case.