BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry World 2012 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Who is going to WES 2009? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=177520)

stuwhite 03-09-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry (Post 1313024)
Still aint heard yet? I remember in 2007 they waited until about a month before to send you.

Yeah and that was the year RIM paid most of my bills. ah good times 8-)

spiggy 03-12-2009 04:36 AM

Yihaa, I'll be there again this year after skipping 2007 and 2008. Bigger, better,...?

Peter

jasmur1 03-12-2009 10:27 AM

I'm there too.. first experience ;-)

Jay

DarthBBerry 03-12-2009 11:51 AM

For all you first timers, don't haul your laptop around with you, carry your sunglasses everywhere you go, and keep your BlackBerry fully charged.

AlanM 03-12-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry (Post 1317468)
For all you first timers, don't haul your laptop around with you, carry your sunglasses everywhere you go, and keep your BlackBerry fully charged.

Don't need no stinkin' laptop.....

SimonMac 03-13-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertiebassett (Post 1312994)
dont' reckon I'll be making it this year. Been out of the BB circle for a little while - hence my lack of posting on here - still I've been up a snowy mountain on skis for the best part of the last 3 months so life ain't so bad...

Same here BB, left the WY Police when they were being forced to go down the WinMo route (have since backtracked and stayed with Berrys as they saw the light), if anyone gets the chance to go to WES I would recommend it as it a blast (big up to the 2007 Crew) as it is well worth the investment!

stuwhite 03-13-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonMac (Post 1318814)
Same here BB, left the WY Police when they were being forced to go down the WinMo route (have since backtracked and stayed with Berrys as they saw the light), if anyone gets the chance to go to WES I would recommend it as it a blast (big up to the 2007 Crew) as it is well worth the investment!

'sup Si, long time no post 8-). Just got to say mate, lovin the sig, nice!

Tweedle 03-18-2009 02:29 AM

I'm going on WES too. This is my first visit on such this conference. Maybe I took my wife with me. I live she in hotel and let spend a time how she would like.

The_conductor 03-18-2009 02:35 AM

I will go when its held in new york

MPlb 03-18-2009 08:43 AM

What to expect at WES

From some of the post here it sounds like there's more to the event than what goes on during the day.

I'm heading out there from the UK for my first WES and wondered if anyone can give me some tips about what goes on 'after hours' and how to get the most from it.

What's all the talk about Blue Man Group, Kiss etc?

Thanks

stuwhite 03-18-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPlb (Post 1324154)
From some of the post here it sounds like there's more to the event than what goes on during the day.

I'm heading out there from the UK for my first WES and wondered if anyone can give me some tips about what goes on 'after hours' and how to get the most from it.

Thanks

Mate you will have a ball, trust me! It's the same as similar confs in that all day you sit around and get told how to do stuff you already know in a better way or how to do some stuff you didn't know about. Then at night you go out and go a bit mad but the diff with this place is that you have the theme parks 15 mins away, very cool 8-). There is generally at least one organised event by a vendor etc but even when there isn't, there is always something going on to keep you busy! doesn't look like I will be going but I am sure one of these lucky buggers will hook up with you.

Also speak to your major network and see what they have got going on (unless you are with Voda, they are a bit clueless about WES). So jealous mate.

DarthBBerry 03-18-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPlb (Post 1324154)

Thanks

There was talk about some of us getting together to go see Blue Man Group on the Sunday before WES or the Friday afterwards. Not happening now.

There was a rumor that KISS was to be the WES Party entertainment. Nothing else confirmed though.

There are 3 major theme parks within minutes of the conference.
Walt Disney World
Universal Studios
SeaWorld

Take your pick and have some fun!

TreeDude 03-19-2009 02:35 PM

I am officially NOT going....

We had one of our very best server admins put his 2 weeks in on Monday and that means we have to pick up the slack. Which means I will be doing Citrix training instead. I suppose this is a good thing since it means more opportunities, but I was looking forward to seeing you guys again.

But hey, at least I will be in Orlando tomorrow for my honeymoon 8-).

Unclebelvis 03-20-2009 08:21 AM

I'll be there with 2 people from my company. Should be a blast as always. (y)

Also, I feel like I should be fighting with stuwhite. Or at least our avatars should be.

stuwhite 03-20-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unclebelvis (Post 1326813)
I'll be there with 2 people from my company. Should be a blast as always. (y)

Also, I feel like I should be fighting with stuwhite. Or at least our avatars should be.

haha I saw your avatar and smiled but tbh it wouldn't be a fight. The puny son of Jor-el is nothing against the might of General Zod, sorry dude 8-).

wunderbar 03-20-2009 12:44 PM

I wont' be going this year. I *may* have been able to swing it if the Canadian dollar was still at par, but sine it's 20% lower now, and the economy has tanked, it's a no go.

Which is really too bad, looking at 5.0 would have been nice.

Oh well, will aim for 2010

Unclebelvis 03-20-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuwhite (Post 1326818)
haha I saw your avatar and smiled but tbh it wouldn't be a fight. The puny son of Jor-el is nothing against the might of General Zod, sorry dude 8-).

Sorry, but I am going to have to disagree there.

http://www.snowbombing.com/forum/att...1&d=1158229712

Plus, come on, Zod is the bad guy. The bad guy never beats Superman. :razz:

stuwhite 03-22-2009 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh please. Your puny attempts at Google image searching just remind me how easy it will be for Zod to rule this infantile race.

stuwhite 03-22-2009 06:42 PM

But yeah, it's a shame Zod has to lose, far stronger character than Superman. But we digress......

Pinjo 03-23-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry (Post 1324338)

There was a rumor that KISS was to be the WES Party entertainment. Nothing else confirmed though.

Well, John Mayer's summer tour was sponsored by RIM last summer and he was the entertainment at WES. This summer they are sponsoring U2...

I like starting rumors.