BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New BlackBerry confirmed! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=39371)

jungleland 06-27-2006 04:50 PM

Another 71xx series is a snooze fest for me....I want a true full qwerty device will some bonus features.

jddphd 06-27-2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleland
I think the person that has already pre announced this, might as well tell us what it said, it's not like a Military attack plan, he can spill the beans....

boygenius - you don't happen to work for the NY Times do you? covering the foreign money transfer beat? :-o

BB4Life 06-27-2006 05:23 PM

Message Deleted

noeffectx 06-27-2006 05:54 PM

blackberry "stealth." Thats what boygenius was talkin about. its in engadgetmobile.com

HuwSy 06-27-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistWalker
I can't knock another person's preferences; after all, one person's thrash is someone else's treasure...

I just misread that compleatly as one persons trash is another persons treo... hum wonder what my minds saying to me. lol

Webby 06-27-2006 07:22 PM

eh.. it's only got a Suretype keyboard. I'll pass.

mistWalker 06-27-2006 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB4Life
not anything like the 7100...think SLVR....and an awesome camera....

Are you sure about the camera?

Parabola 06-27-2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6
I was just about to say that...the circular shape between the screen and the keyboard looks like it's a joystick...but i'm sure it's just an inaccurate image, they will never do away with the scroll wheel, would they?

anyone know what those letters and numbers in those boxes to the right of the phone are? where's the legend?

It is indeed a joystick thingie, as mentioned to me by a RIM employee.

faaltoo 06-27-2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parabola
It is indeed a joystick thingie, as mentioned to me by a RIM employee.

That will be nice...
I guess we can give some rest to our thumb.

stealthx32 06-28-2006 04:25 AM

This coincides pretty well w/ the rumored Palm/RIM collaboration and/or merger...

Joysticks, cameras, MP3 players? Hmm...

joe allen 06-28-2006 06:06 AM

nice picture...did you take that with your treo camera?

BBAdmin 06-28-2006 09:09 AM

Hardly surprising it's suretype as it's likelyto be heavily marketed towards the consumer user as no doubt RIM don't want to hack off their big security conscious corporates. Not for me I'm afraid, I like my iPod Nano for my MP3's, my PSP as my media and games player, and my BlackBerry for my communications - and never the three shall meet!!!!

ndub33 06-28-2006 11:51 AM

BBAdmin makes a good point- this likley will be more of a consumer oriented handset- we probably shouldn't be vieweing this as a total sell out by RIM though...my guess is that they will still continue to make business-centric handsets that will meet the needs of their core client base. They are simply trying to reach out to new markets.

Having said that, I think I'll be passing on this one as well- the music I listen to the most is done by old hippies who refuse to sell the rights to their stuff to the MP3 distributers. :smile:

Nickster248 06-28-2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndub33
BBAdmin makes a good point- this likley will be more of a consumer oriented handset- we probably shouldn't be vieweing this as a total sell out by RIM though...my guess is that they will still continue to make business-centric handsets that will meet the needs of their core client base. They are simply trying to reach out to new markets.

Hmmm? I wonder though about people like myself that use the BlackBerry for business, even though I'm on BIS and not BES. My concern is that RIM will clump BIS users into this new 'market', complete with cameras, MP3 players, joy sticks and other useless add-ons, all of which I switched to BlackBerry to get away from.

Hopefully, RIM will simply concentrate on adding a voice recorder, and spending a little more time tweaking the PIM capabilities of the BlackBerry. Just my two cents.

HuwSy 06-28-2006 12:49 PM

It doesnt matter what they make really, because you dont have to buy it if you dont like it. There will always be a corprate focus on some models atleast for governments and alike.

xxhiyanxx 06-28-2006 05:26 PM

i dont' understand how someone being able to buy a blackberry with an mp3 player and camera makes someone elses BB that doesn't have a camera or mp3 player any worse

cybermikey3 06-28-2006 06:31 PM

i love it i want a blackberry stealth?

ntjones 06-28-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuwSY
It doesnt matter what they make really, because you dont have to buy it if you dont like it. There will always be a corprate focus on some models atleast for governments and alike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxhiyanxx
i dont' understand how someone being able to buy a blackberry with an mp3 player and camera makes someone elses BB that doesn't have a camera or mp3 player any worse

Thank god! The voices of reason, at last! All you naysayers please read the above, and then when you're done...read them again. :razz:

Edit: Kind of sad that it has an MP3 player, but no camera, if thats true. Can't the 7130 and 8700's play mp3's already? I mean no playlists I guess, but it can play them. Doesn't sound like any huge improvement to me.

ceebz 06-29-2006 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxhiyanxx

Totally agree. Some people around here are just plain paranoid.

Oh, and a joystick? Yuck.

joe allen 06-29-2006 04:58 AM

i just want an SD card slot. i do agree that the joystick is "Yuck"