BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Call Forward and ID issue - Please Help! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=145547)

mm1334 08-16-2008 10:26 PM

Call Forward and ID issue - Please Help!

I have been dealing with this strange issue for over a year - since I got my phone. I'm hoping there will be some real experts on here that can help me - this issue has gone well over the head of level 1 and level 2 blackberry tech support at T-Mobile, and even a RIM technical representative who happened to be at their facility one time when I called.

I forward calls from my work-issued Nextel to my personal phone when I'm at home - my personal phone is my Blackberry Pearl 8100.

When someone calls the Nextel, it will forward to my personal phone but the caller ID shows up "Private Number".

There have been random instances during the last year when the caller ID started working for a day or two - these instances have been completely random and without any consistency.

I have tried having my nextel forward calls to my friend's Pearl 8100, which is identical to mine and has the same software versions. His phone shows the caller ID of the forwarded call just fine.

I went through literally every setting on my phone and my firend's phone - ensuring that they match. Yes, this was a very long and tedious process.

I tried putting the SIM card from my phone in his phone, and vice versa. The Caller ID showed up fine on his phone still (with my SIM), but still failed to show up on mine (with his SIM). This obviously seems to indicate the phone is the problem.

I tried changing my SIM card (just to be safe), wiping the handheld completely, and resetting all settings - with no success.

I tried forwarding calls from my wife's t-mobile RAZR to my phone to ensure it wasn't something about Nextel, and the same issue continued.

I finally got T-mobile to replace my phone. So I now I have a new SIM card, a new phone, and newly updated software. Here's the kicker - the call forwarding still shows Private Number when it comes up on my BRAND NEW PEARL 8100. It still shows up fine on other Blackberry Pearls.

I am completely lost on this one - if replacing the phone completely didn't fix it, what could be the issue (unless I got another defective phone, which would be a really weird coincidence).

Somebody please help!

JSanders 08-17-2008 12:44 AM

Have you set the Smart Dialing options at Phone > Options?
My Caller ID name/number do not show when I get a call or SMS - BlackBerryFAQ

mm1334 08-18-2008 08:06 PM

Jsanders,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have previously tried every option available in all of the things you mentioned there. The only thing I'd mention is that my phone does not have a menu called smart dialing - I did try messing with my phone number where it is defined for the SIM though. Thanks for the input - please give some more ideas if you have any.

Phranc 08-18-2008 09:01 PM

Smart Dialing is in the Phone Options. Press the Geen Send button, then the Menu button (left of the trackball) then choose Options. Smart dialing should be about half way down.

mm1334 08-18-2008 09:17 PM

Phranc

I see now - thanks. I tried, and everything in there is set as specified. Still no luck. Any other ideas?
Thanks so much for your help.

mm1334 08-19-2008 04:38 PM

bump. Anybody? Bueller?

JSanders 08-19-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mm1334 (Post 1065530)
I see now - thanks. I tried, and everything in there is set as specified. Still no luck. Any other ideas?
Thanks so much for your help.

So review the Smart Dialing settings... how is yours set?

mm1334 08-19-2008 04:51 PM

Country code: +1
Area Code: 678 (I also tried this blank)
National number length: 10

I don't use the office extensions thing, but here's how it is by default:

within my corporation call: 142
Wait for: 3 seconds
Ext. Length: Unknown

To access ext. in all other...
3 seconds

JSanders 08-19-2008 04:59 PM

Do you have Options > Security Options > General Settings > Content Protection > Include Address Book set to yes?

mm1334 08-19-2008 05:10 PM

Nope, include address book is set to NO. It was previously that way, but fixing that was the first thing suggested to me by a RIM tech support guy that was at Tmobile one day when I called. It doesn't work with that set to yes or no.

JSanders 08-19-2008 05:24 PM

I just don't know. Those two fixes are the most common and often do the trick.

mm1334 08-19-2008 05:27 PM

Can you refer me to somplace or someone who might be able to help? I have posted the same thing on Pinstack and supportforums.blackberry.com - with no success

JSanders 08-19-2008 05:41 PM

Honestly, no.

If a user here can't solve it, you won't find a better place for help.

Give the thread here sometime and let's see if anyone else has ideas for you.

Phranc 08-19-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mm1334 (Post 1066635)
Country code: +1
Area Code: 678 (I also tried this blank)
National number length: 10

I don't use the office extensions thing, but here's how it is by default:

within my corporation call: 142
Wait for: 3 seconds
Ext. Length: Unknown

To access ext. in all other...
3 seconds

How about "Use "1" for National Dialing? Is that set to NO?

mm1334 08-21-2008 05:50 PM

I don't see that option anywhere.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP, THIS ISSUE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

JSanders 08-21-2008 06:06 PM

Try removing the the "within my corporation call: 142" if you don't use that.

mm1334 08-21-2008 06:12 PM

didn't work. Thanks though. anything else?

mm1334 08-24-2008 01:52 PM

bump

tmadan 09-10-2008 02:44 PM

Call Forwarding on T-Mobile Not Working (CallerID not working)

i'm having the same problem. i've been forwarding my # to my business partners phone for years but as of this spring it no longer shows the callers #, it now shows my #. i have it set that if i hit ignore it goes to my vm but if i don't answer then it goes to the business partners phone. i was on the phone with tmobile for an hour but still no solution. i'm with tmobile and my business partner is also with tmobile. tmobile must have changed a internal setting in the spring if we are all having the same issue.

regentsuites 10-14-2008 02:23 PM

I'm also having this call forwarding issue - has the OP or anyone else been able to fix it?

Thanks.