BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Back doesn't stay locked. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=67806)

KuJaX 03-05-2007 12:15 AM

Back doesn't stay locked.

Okay, so I have a brand new pearl. I have had it for a little over a month now and never dropped it or abused it in any way. Its been extremely well taken care of. Right now, whenever I have it in my pocket and pull it out, half the time the back panel is a little bit up. What I mean is that normally you would have to push down the locking mechanism at the bottom of the phone on the back (chrome piece), push it down, and then push up on the back panel to get it loose. Well, that chrome piece that you have to push down doesn't have to be manually pushed down. I can close the back piece tight, and then just push a little pressure in the upward motion on the back panel and it comes up. It is as if the chrome piece isn't grabbing the back panel.

I have removed the battery, cleaned everything incase dust was getting in the way, and same thing.... barely push up on the back panel and it becomes dislodged and pushes up and finally off. Any suggestions? Is this normal?

John Clark 03-05-2007 12:18 AM

You can either live with it or return it for another. It's been an issue since the Pearl came out. Some are ok, others don't latch well.

Add 03-05-2007 12:20 AM

I had the same problem with my 8100. I could never get it to fully latch on.(n)
I suggest getting the seidio cover. (y) I feels way stronger than the stocker and it snaps on nice and tight. (deja vu?) Plus it has a speaker opening :smile:

John Clark 03-05-2007 12:21 AM

The Seidio ones do work quite well.

KuJaX 03-05-2007 12:49 AM

Where can I get a Seidio one? Does that chrome latch work with the Seidio one or does it attach a different way?

John Clark 03-05-2007 12:50 AM

Seidioonline.com

They latch the same way, just tighter.

KuJaX 03-05-2007 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark
Seidioonline.com

They latch the same way, just tighter.

So is it the chrome piece? This will fix the problem?

I went there, do I have to purchase a whole new case? Or do they simply sell just the back?

John Clark 03-05-2007 01:03 AM

This is what you need. Note: An extended battery with battery door is available there too. You might consider that if you need/want more battery time.

REPLACEMENT OEM SIZE BATTERY DOOR WITH SPEAKER OPENING - BVY9BB8100-BK

tobyw 03-10-2007 08:04 AM

I have the same problem with mine and only had it just over a week! It's very annoying as when I am on a call with the phone up to my ear the battery cover comes loose all the time as I hold it. Any chance that a replacement phone might solve the issue?

Also seem to get very poor signal. The guy in the store compared it to his phone and found that the signal was substantially lower. Do any of the Pearls have problems with low signal (a search didn't seem to reveal an endemic issue here though)???