BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   White Keyboard on ATT Bold? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=152932)

nm1k0 10-01-2008 10:45 PM

White Keyboard on ATT Bold?
 
I just read on blackberry news that the ATT bold might have a white keyboard with black lettering.

If this is the case, I am definitely buying an unlocked one. I love the all black look of the bold.

TroyDBrown 10-01-2008 10:58 PM

It is just a rumor right now. I tried to make that clear in the article. We shall see.

nm1k0 10-01-2008 11:09 PM

Wirelessly posted

Oh okay. I kinda got that from that article. But on the one on crunch gear they are saying that it definitely is. I'm wondering if its going to be the whole keyboard or just like the numbers?

TroyDBrown 10-01-2008 11:18 PM

CrunchGear when they picked up the article from us actually said it will not be white.

nm1k0 10-01-2008 11:21 PM

i think maybe i should put my glasses on and read things a little closer.

xxDruMMer BoYxx 10-02-2008 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nm1k0 (Post 1122105)
I just read on blackberry news that the ATT bold might have a white keyboard with black lettering.

If this is the case, I am definitely buying an unlocked one. I love the all black look of the bold.

Even though a rumor, I'm not ruling out the white keyboard look or favoring it. I'm just saying, I'd have to see a picture if it where true. I'm curious to see what it looks like.

bperkins 10-02-2008 08:50 PM

It will be white, guaranteed. I was with a RIM employee today that had the branded AT&T Bold and the keys were white. The loss of contrast sucks. IMO they should have went with blue or orange in replacement for the red.

holden 10-02-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bperkins (Post 1123242)
It will be white, guaranteed. I was with a RIM employee today that had the branded AT&T Bold and the keys were white. The loss of contrast sucks. IMO they should have went with blue or orange in replacement for the red.

A lot of peeps is going to be buying black keyboards.... :razz:

Sith_Apprentice 10-02-2008 08:54 PM

Think the VZW 8830 for the keypad. But not silver, more white.

bperkins 10-02-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden (Post 1123246)
A lot of peeps is going to be buying black keyboards.... :razz:

LMAO...the keys are black and the letters/symbols are white!!

bperkins 10-02-2008 09:01 PM

They were running .154. The screen/sound is amazing, and I do not mind the size at all. It felt very nice in hand. I hated the 8800 (too chunky) for this but the Bold is worth the compromise for me, that is until the Javelin is out. For what is worth they firmly believe that 10/20 is the release date. Of course that is up to AT&T. I have also heard that AT&T is shooting for a TA (Technical Acceptance) of 10/6. I will have mine about 3 days after AT&T's TA.

holden 10-02-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bperkins (Post 1123253)
They were running .154. The screen/sound is amazing, and I do not mind the size at all. It felt very nice in hand. I hated the 8800 (too chunky) for this but the Bold is worth the compromise for me, that is until the Javelin is out. For what is worth they firmly believe that 10/20 is the release date. Of course that is up to AT&T. I have also heard that AT&T is shooting for a TA (Technical Acceptance) of 10/6. I will have mine about 3 days after AT&T's TA.

WHOOO HOOOO!!:razz:

Jason Mark 10-02-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bperkins (Post 1123253)
They were running .154. The screen/sound is amazing, and I do not mind the size at all. It felt very nice in hand. I hated the 8800 (too chunky) for this but the Bold is worth the compromise for me, that is until the Javelin is out. For what is worth they firmly believe that 10/20 is the release date. Of course that is up to AT&T. I have also heard that AT&T is shooting for a TA (Technical Acceptance) of 10/6. I will have mine about 3 days after AT&T's TA.

The original target date of TA from day one was, is and has always been Oct. 20th. I'm in no way saying they won't wait until then. Actually, AT&T is pushing the field testers HARD to finish up. The bad thing is, it looks like .154 is going to be the OS that the Bold launches with on AT&T. :(

bperkins 10-02-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonHDD (Post 1123258)
......The bad thing is, it looks like .154 is going to be the OS that the Bold launches with on AT&T. :(

The person I was with received an email today saying that they (RIM) had just updated the code to another build for AT&T to be considered as GC. I did not see what version it was.

Jason Mark 10-02-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bperkins (Post 1123267)
The person I was with received an email today saying that they (RIM) had just updated the code to another build for AT&T to be considered as GC. I did not see what version it was.

Yes it's .162 but field testers haven't even received .162 yet. The Bold will launch on AT&T(if it's in Oct) with .154 and it will have an update ready after purchase.

bperkins 10-03-2008 08:28 AM

Thanks for that Jason....I am all good with .154....just to get it out the door. So do you think/know if it will reach TA on 10/6?

obstacles can kill 10-03-2008 12:37 PM

I guess they did a hardware revision VERY recently then because the AT&T branded Bold that I was using two weeks ago had the exact same color scheme as my Rogers unit.

I won't be believing this rumor till I see it. Sorry.

bperkins 10-03-2008 05:53 PM

Yeap this person received their updated device Wednesday afternoon. Believe what you wish. It will be white.

obstacles can kill 10-03-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bperkins (Post 1124259)
Yeap this person received their updated device Wednesday afternoon. Believe what you wish. It will be white.

Saying it will is a pretty harsh statement from someone who heard it through the grapevine. got pics to back up your statement?

im not saying it's not possible. but your rumor is no more credible than any other rumor that is in the forum that doesnt have solid substantial proof to back it up.

however, when i get home tomorrow, i'll be happy to post a pic of the at&t branded bold i've used that has the exact color scheme as every other bold out there if you'd like.

EDIT: My fault, when I was making this post, I had forgotten that you said you actually held and played with the unit. So my apologies for that part. However, I still won't believe it till I've seen it. Every type of rumor always comes out shortly before a devices release. And without solid proof, there is no reason or way to filter out the truth from the guesses.

xxDruMMer BoYxx 10-05-2008 04:18 PM

just Eye candy
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by obstacles can kill (Post 1124336)
Saying it will is a pretty harsh statement from someone who heard it through the grapevine. got pics to back up your statement?

im not saying it's not possible. but your rumor is no more credible than any other rumor that is in the forum that doesnt have solid substantial proof to back it up.

however, when i get home tomorrow, i'll be happy to post a pic of the at&t branded bold i've used that has the exact color scheme as every other bold out there if you'd like.

EDIT: My fault, when I was making this post, I had forgotten that you said you actually held and played with the unit. So my apologies for that part. However, I still won't believe it till I've seen it. Every type of rumor always comes out shortly before a devices release. And without solid proof, there is no reason or way to filter out the truth from the guesses.

I wanted a little visual of what it would look like for a Bold to have a white keypad....(not leaked picture, just a quick photoshop i made...):razz:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.