BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   HSBC mobile banking app UK for passport (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=267727)

sadelsor 03-28-2017 02:56 AM

HSBC mobile banking app UK for passport

According to the UK bank HSBC they tell me that the mobile banking app can be used on passport, when I find the app on line it tells me my passport is not able to download this app, I have also read that some people have downloaded this app any idea of what my problem maybe ??

aiharkness 03-28-2017 05:11 AM

Re: HSBC mobile banking app UK for passport

I don't know anything about it, but here are some ideas:

You say online? Where? BlackBerry World? Amazon App Store? These are your best options, and really the only two options I would use.

There are other app stores for Android apps that can be accessed and used by a BlackBerry user. If that is what you are doing, make sure you are following directions provided by the app store. However, for a banking app I would be very cautious. As I say, it wouldn't be my choice.

If you see some people on the forums saying they are running the app, ask where they got it. Ask what version OS they are running, and what version app, and compare to yourself. Compare any error messages you are getting, and see if anyone else reported the error and if anyone provided a solution.

Check the HSBC FAQ. See if HSBC addresses the error you are getting.

Good luck. Best I got.

tsac 03-28-2017 06:24 PM

Another suggestion, don't use it !!

aiharkness 03-29-2017 04:59 AM

Some people seem to need an app as opposed to their other potential options. Or at least it makes their life easier.

But with a banking app--and the news nowadays--I personally would avoid it.

sadelsor 03-30-2017 06:07 AM

Thanks for taking time to reply, but you see I am living in China, my HSBC is in Great Yarmouth, my security key went "dead" on me, while waiting for a new key to arrive from UK I tried to download HSBC UK mobile banking app, which will replace the security key when its set up, I have read that this works on blackberry 10 software, even the HSBC chat line told me they do accommodate blackberry now as well as apple and android.

sadelsor 03-30-2017 06:13 AM

Thank you for taking time to reply, but you see I am living in China, my HSBC is in Great Yarmouth, my security key went "dead" on me, while waiting for a new key to arrive from UK I tried to download HSBC UK mobile banking app, which will replace the security key when its set up, I have read that this works on blackberry 10 software, even the HSBC chat line told me they do accommodate blackberry now as well as apple and android.
I can find app via bing, but I get a message telling me my device is not compatable, I find this odd because I know other passport users have got it.

aiharkness 03-30-2017 06:19 AM

If you can't get it to work and you know it should work, you next step is do a security wipe.

You could do a reset to factory defaults, but I wonder about the possibility of memory (settings) not actually getting cleared. That is just a gap in my knowledge.

But the idea is corrupt data or settings is causing a glitch with the app, potentially. So, to continue the rationale, do a security wipe, then do setup, but don't do a full restore yet. Add the banking app and test. If I'm right, it should work. If the apps gets broken again when you restore, then you probably restored the problem.

Before you start, do a full backup and also do partial backups of each datbase with Link. There are three in the partial backup. I would also use a third-party backup app such as ultimate backup so that if you have to you can backup and restore on a more granular level. With a third-party app you can restore just contacts, calendar, remember, and so forth.

A third-party app will not backup password keeper. You can export the database to a file or set the app to backup to the BlackBerry cloud.

Your BBM contacts are automatically backed up.

Good luck.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

tsac 03-30-2017 01:07 PM

Depending on where your receiving the notice that the app is not compatible one thing to remember, some countries block certain internet site or download access.
the other option may be to side load the app in Android mode if it is not blocked.

tsac 04-11-2017 08:53 AM

I think if you read the posts above you will see our thoughts