BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Reverting back to 8800M_PBr4.2.1_rel109_PL2.3.0.54_A4.2.1.72_Cingula r (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=74838)

TChachra 04-30-2007 02:33 PM

Reverting back to 8800M_PBr4.2.1_rel109_PL2.3.0.54_A4.2.1.72_Cingula r

I have tried the newer releases and found myself being frustrated with the blackberry 8800. The Cingular release, IMHO, works the best and causes less stress. FOR ME anyway!!!

I did apply the JIBI customizations, ofcourse.

-Tarun

hf1khal 04-30-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TChachra (Post 524303)
I have tried the newer releases and found myself being frustrated with the blackberry 8800. The Cingular release, IMHO, works the best and causes less stress. FOR ME anyway!!!

I did apply the JIBI customizations, ofcourse.

-Tarun

why? So far I found out that it actualy improved call quality and the battery is actualy lasting a lot longer.

cdd543 04-30-2007 08:17 PM

I reverted as well..mine was slower unfortunately.

TChachra 05-01-2007 08:29 AM

While that may be true, I found the speed of the unit to get ridiculously slow. One other thing that I enjoyed was the IM folder w the Zen Theme which was gone in the rogers release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hf1khal (Post 524622)
why? So far I found out that it actualy improved call quality and the battery is actualy lasting a lot longer.

hf1khal 05-01-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TChachra (Post 524954)
While that may be true, I found the speed of the unit to get ridiculously slow. One other thing that I enjoyed was the IM folder w the Zen Theme which was gone in the rogers release.

I have not experienced any slowness with it.

rboy 05-01-2007 09:28 AM

kind of feel the same

some of my apps. dont work with the rogers ver. but speed is ok. when i swithed i have an at&t logo now. cingular is completely gone off my phone even on the zen theme. might switch back to so i can use my other apps.

ebruder 05-01-2007 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rboy (Post 525020)
some of my apps. dont work with the rogers ver. but speed is ok. when i swithed i have an at&t logo now. cingular is completely gone off my phone even on the zen theme. might switch back to so i can use my other apps.

I have experienced no difference in speed with the Roger's .90 release, and I can now get Telenav over Bluetooth.

Funny about the logo... my logo changed to AT&T, but with Cingular right below it.

richard371 05-01-2007 11:32 AM

I am noticing with tmobile I will sometimes send myself an email and it takes like 10 seconds to come back. I also find when using the browser it is very slow at requesting pages etc. As soon as I turn the wirelss off and back on or reboot the device it is fine again for a few more hours. Emails and broser speed are fine.

TChachra 05-01-2007 09:00 PM

Interesting....
However my unit shows a massive lag switching between apps when on the Rogers version.

joespys 05-01-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebruder (Post 525131)
I have experienced no difference in speed with the Roger's .90 release, and I can now get Telenav over Bluetooth.

Funny about the logo... my logo changed to AT&T, but with Cingular right below it.

Yea I second that Telenav thing it now goes over Bluetooth which is great - but still no media player over bluetooth hopefully soon!

John Clark 05-02-2007 12:21 AM

Have you tried the 3rd party mediaPlayer by Dollars5 on this forum? I get audio from Telenav and from this media player.

rboy 05-02-2007 08:47 AM

:idea: i noticed the cingular was gone completely when i went to cingular and had an 3g sim card programed to my number. when i put in the new sim cingular was gone. the one i had in my phone was a couple of years old. i dont know if that had anything to do with cingular switching to at&t. if anyone wants cingular off their phone try it. i had a couple of 3g sims laying around and said what the hell. you want be charged anything if you have your own sim. has anybody with the rogers version notice it takes forever for your unit to shutdown when you turn it off?

hf1khal 05-02-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rboy (Post 526031)
:idea: i noticed the cingular was gone completely when i went to cingular and had an 3g sim card programed to my number. when i put in the new sim cingular was gone. the one i had in my phone was a couple of years old. i dont know if that had anything to do with cingular switching to at&t. if anyone wants cingular off their phone try it. i had a couple of 3g sims laying around and said what the hell. you want be charged anything if you have your own sim. has anybody with the rogers version notice it takes forever for your unit to shutdown when you turn it off?

Any SIM OTA push updates teh Cingular to AT&T as well as every new activation. Should you by any chance call and they send an OTA update it results in the change. As to shut down, it is no diferent than it was before. I actualy got to compare the rogers withteh cingular version last night and in fact it is on par if not better especialy when changing themes. One thing, I did limit the language choices on mine and right now I have about 28 meg available, I also limited the media storage to 5 megs, removed teh BB demo video. But I also have many apps installed on it and every single one works perfect (with the exception of Opera Mini).